PDA

View Full Version : Bergstrom Plank

keepitrunning
December 23rd 04, 02:30 AM
Could someone point me to a picture and information on the Bergstrom plank.
I think it is a single place delta wing sailplane. I spotted an aircraft at
Jean airport near Las Vegas that has that appearance but it had a Volkswagen
engine. There was no N number or data plate that I could find. Anyone
interested can email me directly and I will share a picture.

Thanks
Gary

Tim Ward
December 23rd 04, 04:52 AM
"keepitrunning" > wrote in message
> Could someone point me to a picture and information on the Bergstrom
plank.
> I think it is a single place delta wing sailplane. I spotted an aircraft
at
> Jean airport near Las Vegas that has that appearance but it had a
Volkswagen
> engine. There was no N number or data plate that I could find. Anyone
> interested can email me directly and I will share a picture.
>
> Thanks
> Gary

I don't know anything about a Bergstrom plank, but the Backstrom flying
plank is an unswept, constant chord flying wing sailplane. It's not a delta
wing.

You might want to take a look at:
http://www.sailplanedirectory.com/PlaneDetails.cfm?PlaneID=104

It says there that a self-launched version was developed.

Tim Ward

Google