PDA

View Full Version : CAP flight boots

Robert M. Gary
September 3rd 05, 09:20 PM
Where is the best place to find used CAP boots? I've seen some online
but they're still pretty expensive. It sounds like they don't allow
standard "jungle boots" because they have plastic and melt in fire.

-Robert

Fidel Perez
September 3rd 05, 11:40 PM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Where is the best place to find used CAP boots? I've seen some online
> but they're still pretty expensive. It sounds like they don't allow
> standard "jungle boots" because they have plastic and melt in fire.
>
> -Robert

Real flight boots are very expensive. You may want to just look into combat
boots. Combat boots can be found at any Army Surplus store, or if you have
access, any military clothing sales. You can NOT buy flight boots at a
military clothing sales. I bought mine from a place on the web no longer in
business (can't remember the name) for about $170.

Fidel

Robert M. Gary
September 3rd 05, 11:56 PM
Are combat books ok? Wing says that "Jungle Boots" are a no-no. All
clothing worn during missions is required to be fire resistant (we are
also required to wear full nomex). I heard the combat foots have
plastic on them that can melt in a fire.

-Robert

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
September 4th 05, 02:27 AM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> Are combat books ok? Wing says that "Jungle Boots" are a no-no. All
> clothing worn during missions is required to be fire resistant (we are
> also required to wear full nomex). I heard the combat foots have
> plastic on them that can melt in a fire.

Here's a place that claims their flight boots are approved by the USAF and USA:

http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/public/public_5.htm#8

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Hotel 179
September 4th 05, 05:44 AM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Where is the best place to find used CAP boots? I've seen some online
> but they're still pretty expensive. It sounds like they don't allow
> standard "jungle boots" because they have plastic and melt in fire.
>
> -Robert

Hello Robert and All,

From CAPR 39-1
Footwear: Any style leather, plain, black shoe or boot may be worn. No
western

style boots (Ropers and Wellingtons are acceptable). For safety reasons,

mesh style boots are not recommended with flying clothing.

Stephen

Robert M. Gary
September 4th 05, 07:08 PM
Somewhere there must be some sort of law of nature that we out west
must always be different...

http://www.cawg.cap.gov/Files/Supplements/pcr60-1supp1.pdf

Region 60-1 supp says...

2-9. AMENDED: CAP Membership Cards and Uniforms. The standard PCR
"appropriate CAP uniform" is a Nomex flight
suit, gloves - preferably Nomex -- and full leather boots. Wing
commanders may authorize other CAP uniforms as required
to accomplish CAP flight operations IAW CAPR 39-1 or authorize "no"
uniforms when specifically requested by the
customer for Counter-Drug missions.

In fact, I was just told by a check pilot that I cannot take my form 5
without proper boots.

-Robert

Chris G.
September 6th 05, 07:21 AM
teehee... I knew you were in PACR when you said "Full Nomex" :) I
always flew with my combat boots that I was issued by the Air Force
(when I was Act. Duty). Never had a problem.

Chris

Robert M. Gary wrote:
> Somewhere there must be some sort of law of nature that we out west
> must always be different...
>
> http://www.cawg.cap.gov/Files/Supplements/pcr60-1supp1.pdf
>
> Region 60-1 supp says...
>
> 2-9. AMENDED: CAP Membership Cards and Uniforms. The standard PCR
> "appropriate CAP uniform" is a Nomex flight
> suit, gloves - preferably Nomex -- and full leather boots. Wing
> commanders may authorize other CAP uniforms as required
> to accomplish CAP flight operations IAW CAPR 39-1 or authorize "no"
> uniforms when specifically requested by the
> customer for Counter-Drug missions.
>
> In fact, I was just told by a check pilot that I cannot take my form 5
> without proper boots.
>
> -Robert

Google