PDA

View Full Version : L-Nav audio vario problem

Roy Clark, B6
September 7th 05, 04:39 AM
Used my L-Nav without problems in July.

Family and work-related events kept me away until this past week-end.
No audio vario sound from my L-Nav. Makes a short, soft "choo" when
turned on, then nada.

Any ideas or advice?

Paul Remde
September 7th 05, 05:03 AM
Hi Roy,

Verify that it is getting 12V power. Check the battery voltage level.

If those ideas don't help call Cambridge. They can repair it if necessary.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Roy Clark, B6" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Used my L-Nav without problems in July.
>
> Family and work-related events kept me away until this past week-end.
> No audio vario sound from my L-Nav. Makes a short, soft "choo" when
> turned on, then nada.
>
> Any ideas or advice?

Discus 44
September 7th 05, 03:26 PM
Roy:

As your L-Nav is most likely the same age as mine, I had similar
problems and found out the internal battery was at fault. Almost
anyone who has an L-Nav from the mid 80's will need to replace the
battery if they have not already. I would try this first. It is easy
to replace BTW. If you have the GPS-Nav, it might need replacing also,
but you must follow the GPS-Nav instructions to keep the security seal
OK. This requires the power to be on to the GPS-Nav while removing the
cover and replacing the battery. See you in a couple of weeks.

Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> Verify that it is getting 12V power. Check the battery voltage level.
>
> If those ideas don't help call Cambridge. They can repair it if necessary.
>
> Good Soaring,
>
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
> http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
>
> "Roy Clark, B6" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Used my L-Nav without problems in July.
> >
> > Family and work-related events kept me away until this past week-end.
> > No audio vario sound from my L-Nav. Makes a short, soft "choo" when
> > turned on, then nada.
> >
> > Any ideas or advice?

scooter
September 8th 05, 01:42 AM
Roy Clark, B6 wrote:
> Used my L-Nav without problems in July.
>
> Family and work-related events kept me away until this past week-end.
> No audio vario sound from my L-Nav. Makes a short, soft "choo" when
> turned on, then nada.
>
> Any ideas or advice?

Roy;

I had this problem last year. I hooked up a speaker to the 'external
speaker' wires on the L-Nav and got through the season. Mine turned
out to be the speaker itself. It arrived at Cambridge on a Monday and
it was back on my step on Friday with a new speaker and updated
firmware! Not bad service.

Scott

Roy Clark, B6
September 8th 05, 04:48 AM
Was getting 12v before and after the flight.

Will have more time to investigate later this month. If no progress,
then off to Cambridge.

Thanks for you reply and your super informative website!

Roy Clark, B6
September 8th 05, 04:58 AM
Tom,

Mine is about 1997-1998 vintage, but will talk with ar Ephrata in
acouple of weeks.

Scott,

I will look into this possibility.

Google