PDA

View Full Version : u.r.a.s question

Martin Gregorie
September 7th 05, 08:42 PM
Are there any news servers carrying uk.rec.aviation.soaring or does it
just exist within glider.pilot.net? I can't find it on the Demon news
server.

I much prefer using a proper newsreader to read news groups.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Stephen
September 8th 05, 10:50 AM
"Martin Gregorie" > wrote in message
dress...
> Are there any news servers carrying uk.rec.aviation.soaring or does it
> just exist within glider.pilot.net? I can't find it on the Demon news
> server.
>
> I much prefer using a proper newsreader to read news groups.
>
> --
> martin@ | Martin Gregorie
> gregorie. | Essex, UK
> org |

Stephen

September 8th 05, 02:11 PM
Martin Gregorie > writes:

> Are there any news servers carrying uk.rec.aviation.soaring or does it
> just exist within glider.pilot.net? I can't find it on the Demon news
> server.

I think it is just a web forum and not a usenet group (no mention on
http://www.usenet.org.uk/newsgroups.html). I think that its name is a
bit misleading in this respect.

> I much prefer using a proper newsreader to read news groups.

As do I.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

Personally, I like to defiantly split my infinitives. :-)
-- Larry Wall in >

Martin Gregorie
September 8th 05, 06:30 PM
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:11:35 +0100, brianr wrote:

> Martin Gregorie > writes:
>
>> Are there any news servers carrying uk.rec.aviation.soaring or does it
>> just exist within glider.pilot.net? I can't find it on the Demon news
>> server.
>
> I think it is just a web forum and not a usenet group (no mention on
> http://www.usenet.org.uk/newsgroups.html). I think that its name is a bit
> misleading in this respect.

I did wonder about that. Thanks for the confirmation.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Google