PDA

View Full Version : New Years Post

John Stricker
January 2nd 05, 01:19 AM
All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.

Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
drink. I'll wait.
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please

To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.

John Stricker

John Ammeter
January 2nd 05, 02:01 AM
On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:19:12 -0600, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
>anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
>very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.
>
>Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
>drink. I'll wait.
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please
>
>To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
>Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.
>
>John Stricker

Amen, Brother... AMEN!!

John

Mike Patterson
January 2nd 05, 02:02 AM
On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:19:12 -0600, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
>anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
>very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.
>
>Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
>drink. I'll wait.
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please
>
>To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
>Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.
>
>John Stricker

Oh damn, you had to mention Tony. I'd sworn I wasn't gonna tear up
this year.

Here's a toast to honorable guys with more guts and go-for-broke
panache than I'll ever have.

Gives me something to live up to. Or try, anyway.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Ed Sullivan
January 2nd 05, 02:54 AM
On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:19:12 -0600, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
>anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
>very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.
>
>Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
>drink. I'll wait.
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please
>
>To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
>Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.
>
>John Stricker

All the best to you John, and if fond thoughts can penetrate the veil,
I'm sure Tony is feeling a lot of them.

Ed Sullivan, the old California Curmudge

John Ousterhout
January 3rd 05, 02:46 AM
Those of us who were lucky enough to know Tony will never forget him.
http://www.ousterhout.net/tonyp.html

- J.O.-

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:19:12 -0600, "John Stricker"
> wrote:

>All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
>anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
>very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.
>
>Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
>drink. I'll wait.
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>\/
>There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please
>
>To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
>Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.
>
>John Stricker

John Ammeter
January 3rd 05, 03:48 AM
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 02:46:57 GMT, John Ousterhout

wrote:

>Those of us who were lucky enough to know Tony will never forget him.
>http://www.ousterhout.net/tonyp.html
>
>- J.O.-

To know Tony was to love him. Easy to say but so true.
Tony loved people, life and a good time. He was always
ready to take on the dragon in defense of the little guy.

I only met him a couple times but I knew him as one of the
most honest loving people you could ever meet.

The world lost a grand soul when Tony passed over the
Divide.

Tony Pucillo, I salute you.....

John

Matt Whiting
January 3rd 05, 11:54 AM
John Ousterhout wrote:

> Those of us who were lucky enough to know Tony will never forget him.
> http://www.ousterhout.net/tonyp.html

I never knew him, but he was so young. Sad to see that happen. Was his
death accidental?

Matt

Gary Thomas
January 3rd 05, 02:41 PM
John Stricker wrote:

> All you old timers know how I am, and I know who you are. I don't post
> anymore, no time or need for the aggravation, to be frank, but I've met some
> very good, life-long friends and to you folks, I offer a New Years Post.
>
> Ladies and gents, take a moment to go get a glass of something pleasant to
> drink. I'll wait.
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> \/
> There, now that you're all back, raise your glasses, please
>
> To absent friends and a profitable and Happy New Year.
> Tony, Gil, and the rest, we'll always remember you.
>
> John Stricker

And a Happy New Year to you and yours, John. A toast to Tony as well.

Gary Thomas

Bruce A. Frank
January 18th 05, 06:53 PM
I am sorry I missed the original toast, I'll make it now. I spent hours in
discussion with Tony at several flying, Sun 'N Fun and Copperstate, as well as
many phone conversations and I really miss him. John, your picture series brought
a tear to my eye.

--
Bruce A. Frank

Google