PDA

View Full Version : Re: Photo ...(ORD) O'Hare at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon

Flyingmonk
September 8th 05, 08:04 PM
awesome!

Al
September 8th 05, 09:59 PM
Fortunately, it looks as if NO fun is being had. AL

"Montblack" > wrote in message
> This was a neat pic. That's all :-)
>
> From AvWeb today:
> "Diamond Dropout Landing at ORD"
> http://www.avweb.com/newspics/potw04_1136.jpg
>
> John Rippinger of Schaumburg, Illinois took advantage of his back-seat
> position with the Lima Lima Flight Team to catch this landing at Chicago's
> O'Hare airport, where Lima Lima was delivering the flight crew of a B1
> bomber for the 2005 Gary (Indiana) Air Show.
>
> As John writes, this was "the most efficient way to get four aircraft on
> the ground (especially at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon at O'Hare)."
>

> Montblack

Jim Burns
September 8th 05, 10:20 PM
One day when the family and I were taking the southern route around Lake
Michigan in a 182, Rockford Approach called "traffic less than a mile,
maneuvering, multiple targets, altitude unknown". I about crapped. I was
at 8000. Well I finally looked straight DOWN and here were the four yellow
Lima Lima's doing rolls and loops right under me with smoke on. Must have
been practicing because there wasn't a NOTAM about any airshow on my route.
Pretty cool to see them right underneath me.
Jim

Google