PDA

View Full Version : Spectra cord for ground launch

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu
September 8th 05, 06:29 PM
I have been doing research on cord/rope in the USA. Is there any
consensus on what to use for auto tow or winch launching?

I am finding prices of about $0.23/foot to $0.40/foot for 3/16"
double braid with breaking strength of 1950 pounds depending on the
type of outer braiding. =BC" with 3150 pound strength will run $0.37
to $0.60 per foot.

Is it worth the difference to use stronger rope? We will be flying at
a maximum weight of 1100 pounds.

In talking to some of the suppliers I know that others have been
experimenting with different types of the ropes. Any that have worked
well or not worked at all?

Also please post suppliers you are using for purchasing 1000+ feet of
rope at a time.

Thanks,

Tim

September 10th 05, 05:13 AM
I am also interested in buying ~1000' of spectra - if you
find a good source let me know -
thanks

Google