PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Area Glider Pilot Ground School starting Tuesday September 20

Ulf
September 11th 05, 04:59 PM
TORONTO AREA
GLIDER PILOT
GROUND SCHOOL!

Fall 2005 Session starting Tuesday September 20

York Soaring will be hosting a Glider Pilot Ground School directed
at beginning pilots to prepare them both for basic flight training
and the Transport Canada examination.

The Fall course will start Tuesday September 20 and will be held at
a downtown Toronto location close to the CNE Grounds. The 8 session,
24 hour Glider Pilot Ground School will be taught on two Tuesday
evenings per month from September through to December. Most classes
would run from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. unless noted below. Class dates
are as follows:

1. Tuesday, September 20
2. Tuesday, September 27
3. Tuesday, October 18
4. Tuesday, October 25
5. Tuesday, November 15
6. Tuesday, November 22 (may run to 10:30 p.m.)
7. Tuesday, December 13 (will start at 8:00 p.m.
and may run to 10:30 p.m.)
8. Tuesday, December 20 (may run to 10:30 p.m.)

The facility has ample free parking and is accessible by public
transit.

The course meets Transport Canada's licensing requirement for
15 hours of mandatory ground school and to prepare the student
to write the Glider Pilot examination. However, other aspects of
soaring of a more general nature will be covered as well. The
material will be presented in a lecture format supported by videos.

NOTE - The York Soaring Fall MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL is now in effect. Join
the club for 2006 and get the remainder of the 2005 Season for free.
We are still flying 7 days per week. Starting in October we will be
flying weekends only. Our tow fees are still the same as in the
Spring (since we did stock up on Fuel before the recent price
surges). So now is the time to start your flight training! With
the present long range weather forecast you may even go solo before
the end of the 2005 season.

For registration information, a class schedule or if you have any
questions on the course or York Soaring, please contact

Ulf Boehlau
days: 416-410-3883
evenings: 905-884-3166

e-mail:
or

For more information visit the York Soaring Website:
http://www.yorksoaring.com

Google