PDA

View Full Version : LS-1C canopy mod

Brad
September 12th 05, 05:21 PM
A friend has an LS-1C that we are planning on completly restoring. One
of the planned changes is to add a 1 piece canopy. Anyone out there
ever done this?

Also, we are looking for front hinge canopy parts and latching hardware
from wrecked gliders that we can use for the project.

Thanks,
Brad

Udo Rumpf
September 12th 05, 05:36 PM
>A friend has an LS-1C that we are planning on completly restoring. One
> of the planned changes is to add a 1 piece canopy. Anyone out there
> ever done this?
>
> Also, we are looking for front hinge canopy parts and latching hardware
> from wrecked gliders that we can use for the project.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Use the links below as a guide
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Construction/SHP-18_Canopy_System.html
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Construction/SHP-18_Canopy_Frame.htm
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Construction/CanopyHingeNotes1.html

Ray Lovinggood
September 12th 05, 05:52 PM
Brad,

I've seen a photo on the Streifen__(sorry, I forgot
how to spell his name. He's the Libelle expert in
Germany.) web page that shows a single piece, forward
hinged canopy on an LS1-c.

Since I still have and thoroughly enjoy my LS1-d, I
would be interested to know what you might plan on
doing.

I have seen photos of a mod made to a French LS1-c
where they installed a pnuematic tail wheel to replace
the glue-on rubber skid/little wheel.

I think a single piece hinged canopy would make this
nice ship even so much nicer.

Please keep me informed on the project.

Thanks,

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
LS1-d, s/n 27

At 16:24 12 September 2005, Brad wrote:
>A friend has an LS-1C that we are planning on completly
>restoring. One
>of the planned changes is to add a 1 piece canopy.
>Anyone out there
>ever done this?
>
>Also, we are looking for front hinge canopy parts and
>latching hardware
>from wrecked gliders that we can use for the project.
>
>Thanks,
>Brad

Brad
September 14th 05, 03:37 PM
Ray, Udo......thanks for the replies and the information. I've come up
with a few ideas and with the resources you've provided feel pretty
sure we can "git-er-done"

I'll keep you Posted on the progress Ray, but I doubt we'll do any
serious hacking until after the 2006 season, but you never know.

Cheers,
Brad

Ray Lovinggood
September 14th 05, 04:14 PM
Serious Hacking: 'Measure with a Micrometer; Mark
it with a Crayon; Cut it with an Axe.'

Brad, the webpage I was thinking of is:
http://www.streifly.de

Hansjörg Streifeneder has two photos of a LS1-c with
a forward hinged single piece canopy on his webpage.

At 14:42 14 September 2005, Brad wrote:
>Ray, Udo......thanks for the replies and the information.
>I've come up
>with a few ideas and with the resources you've provided
>feel pretty
>sure we can 'git-er-done'
>
>I'll keep you Posted on the progress Ray, but I doubt
>we'll do any
>serious hacking until after the 2006 season, but you
>never know.
>
>Cheers,
>Brad

Google