PDA

View Full Version : Fun ATC/Top Gun MNF intro tonight

Montblack
September 13th 05, 02:09 AM
Monday Night Football had a fun Atlanta Hartsfield ATC/"Top Gun"/"Airplane"
intro tonight
:-)

Eagles by 2.0 over the Falcons tonight <g>

Montblack
(Did the Vikes play this week?)

Morgans
September 13th 05, 03:48 AM
"Montblack" > wrote

> Montblack
> (Did the Vikes play this week?)

Yep. Not a single team I pull for, H.S., college, or pro won this weekend.
Ohio State, and the Vikes are two of them.

Can you take it from there?
--
Jim in NC

W P Dixon
September 13th 05, 03:59 AM
I was pretty darn happy Saturday! Georgia won , but it wasn't pretty. But
then again we don't call it the border war for nothing. Always a close game.
The Big ten got spanked , so that tickled me. I was real happy to see LSU
pull out a victory, the Bayou bengals and their fans really needed that. Jim
can you say HOOKEM HORNS!!! Sorry I just had too! ;) Now if USC will play a
real football team , Georgia can move up some more in the rankings! ;) I
love college football!

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "Montblack" > wrote
>>
>> Montblack
>> (Did the Vikes play this week?)
>
> Yep. Not a single team I pull for, H.S., college, or pro won this
> weekend.
> Ohio State, and the Vikes are two of them.
>
> Can you take it from there?
> --
> Jim in NC

Jay Honeck
September 13th 05, 04:27 AM
> Yep. Not a single team I pull for, H.S., college, or pro won this
> weekend.
> Ohio State, and the Vikes are two of them.

Man, same here. The Iowa Hawkeyes (rated #8 in the nation -- ha!) got their
heads handed to them by unrated Iowa State. Worse, my beloved Packers got
their heads handed to them by (usually pathetic) Detroit. Jeez, what a
crappy weekend of football...

The only good thing is that the Bears and Vikings lost, too.

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

W P Dixon
September 13th 05, 05:21 AM
Hee Hee,
Jim I'll tell you the same way my old man would tell me...all that counts
is the final score ;) Both teams were doing a very good job at shooting
their own foot. I imagine alot of butt chewing is going on!

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Morgans" > wrote in message

> "W P Dixon" > wrote
>> Jim
>> can you say HOOKEM HORNS!!!
>
> Grrrr. Getttt aWAY from me!
>
> Can you say we beat them in about every stat, except the final score?
> Penalties will not beat Tressle's team very often. I would HATE to be one
> of the ones that made a penalty on Saturday, this coming week. Ouch!
> --
> Jim (former OSU bandsman, and also a big college football fan) in NC

Morgans
September 13th 05, 05:50 AM
"W P Dixon" > wrote
> Jim
> can you say HOOKEM HORNS!!!

Grrrr. Getttt aWAY from me!

Can you say we beat them in about every stat, except the final score?
Penalties will not beat Tressle's team very often. I would HATE to be one
of the ones that made a penalty on Saturday, this coming week. Ouch!
--
Jim (former OSU bandsman, and also a big college football fan) in NC

Newps
September 13th 05, 03:47 PM
Get used to it, the Packers will be lucky to win 6 games this year.

Jay Honeck wrote:
>>Yep. Not a single team I pull for, H.S., college, or pro won this
>>weekend.
>>Ohio State, and the Vikes are two of them.
>

> Man, same here. The Iowa Hawkeyes (rated #8 in the nation -- ha!) got their
> heads handed to them by unrated Iowa State. Worse, my beloved Packers got
> their heads handed to them by (usually pathetic) Detroit. Jeez, what a
> crappy weekend of football...
>
> The only good thing is that the Bears and Vikings lost, too.
>
> :-(

Jim Burns
September 13th 05, 08:30 PM
lucky to win 6, probably will only win 3, and actually deserve to win 1 at
the most

The local news jocks are totally disgusted with how the players have acted
on and off the field. Their sideline display has been described in the
local press as "lazy, unenthusiastic, uncaring, and unprofessional". Their
on field performance has been described as "the players are showing the
worst discipline of any Packer team in decades."

Last weeks game, Favre was the ONLY player to show the smallest amount of
disgust in his own or his teams performance. Even the coaches stood by
emotionless like they didn't really care what happened and that the game was
only an inconvenience interrupting their weekend.

Jim

"Newps" > wrote in message
> Get used to it, the Packers will be lucky to win 6 games this year.
>

> Jay Honeck wrote:
> >>Yep. Not a single team I pull for, H.S., college, or pro won this
> >>weekend.
> >>Ohio State, and the Vikes are two of them.
> >

> > Man, same here. The Iowa Hawkeyes (rated #8 in the nation -- ha!) got
their
> > heads handed to them by unrated Iowa State. Worse, my beloved Packers
got
> > their heads handed to them by (usually pathetic) Detroit. Jeez, what a
> > crappy weekend of football...
> >
> > The only good thing is that the Bears and Vikings lost, too.
> >
> > :-(

Jay Honeck
September 13th 05, 10:53 PM
> lucky to win 6, probably will only win 3, and actually deserve to win 1 at
> the most
> Last weeks game, Favre was the ONLY player to show the smallest amount of
> disgust in his own or his teams performance. Even the coaches stood by
> emotionless like they didn't really care what happened and that the game was
> only an inconvenience interrupting their weekend.

Ha! Spoken like a true Packer fan!

NO ONE can lambaste our team like a true, fellow, died-in-the-wool
Packer fan. Thanks for showing Newps off as the amateur Packer-basher
he really is...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa ("Lambeau South") City, IA

Jim Burns
September 15th 05, 11:43 PM
hehe :)

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> > lucky to win 6, probably will only win 3, and actually deserve to win 1
at
> > the most
> > Last weeks game, Favre was the ONLY player to show the smallest amount
of
> > disgust in his own or his teams performance. Even the coaches stood by
> > emotionless like they didn't really care what happened and that the game
was
> > only an inconvenience interrupting their weekend.
>
> Ha! Spoken like a true Packer fan!
>
> NO ONE can lambaste our team like a true, fellow, died-in-the-wool
> Packer fan. Thanks for showing Newps off as the amateur Packer-basher
> he really is...
>
> ;-)
> --
> Jay Honeck