PDA

View Full Version : Electronic versus Pneumatic compensation in LX7000

September 13th 05, 12:19 AM
My new LX7000 has instructions for setting up with electronic or
pneumatic compensation, but does not make a recommendation. My new
glider seems to have a very nice TE installation, so my bet is on the
pneumatic route, but if anyone has direct experience with this
instrument (or on the topic in general) I would appreciate any
feedback.

Oh, and same question on my Cambridge 302 ... I used electronic TE
compensation with it in my 304CZ, but I'm not sure that was the best
way to go. And if I connect both instruments to the same TE probe, how
much should they be separated in tube length?

-ted/2NO

(it's going in a Ventus 2c)

Udo Rumpf
September 13th 05, 12:58 AM
Mike Borgelt recommends the Y junction to be installed well behind the pilot
seat.
I flew over 10 years ago with an LX 4000 and electronically compensated it
worked flawlessly.
Udo
> My new LX7000 has instructions for setting up with electronic or
> pneumatic compensation, but does not make a recommendation. My new
> glider seems to have a very nice TE installation, so my bet is on the
> pneumatic route, but if anyone has direct experience with this
> instrument (or on the topic in general) I would appreciate any
> feedback.
>
> Oh, and same question on my Cambridge 302 ... I used electronic TE
> compensation with it in my 304CZ, but I'm not sure that was the best
> way to go. And if I connect both instruments to the same TE probe, how
> much should they be separated in tube length?
>
> -ted/2NO
>
> (it's going in a Ventus 2c)

Eric Greenwell
September 13th 05, 01:53 AM
wrote:

> My new LX7000 has instructions for setting up with electronic or
> pneumatic compensation, but does not make a recommendation. My new
> glider seems to have a very nice TE installation, so my bet is on the
> pneumatic route, but if anyone has direct experience with this
> instrument (or on the topic in general) I would appreciate any
> feedback.
>
> Oh, and same question on my Cambridge 302 ... I used electronic TE
> compensation with it in my 304CZ, but I'm not sure that was the best
> way to go. And if I connect both instruments to the same TE probe, how
> much should they be separated in tube length?

Since neither uses a flask, you should be able to connect them together.
Without a flask to introduce airflow, they will not introduce pressure
errors, and pressure is what they sense. I'd put the tee close to the
instruments.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

September 13th 05, 10:33 PM
Ted, since you have the luxury of the option, why not try both and
compare? I would suggest hooking up your primary vario to the TE
probe, and setup the other to use electronic TE. After a few flights
you can decide to keep it that way which will let you still enjoy a TE
vario if your probe falls off inflight (or the tubing gets pinched,
etc..). If they don't match, you can go with the better of the two
methods.

BTW, I use electronic TE on a Westerboer VW911 for several years and
really liked it - no problems with yaw or gust sensitivity (on an LS4).

Kirk
66

September 14th 05, 01:02 AM
I use electonic TE with LX 5000 and LS 6.Perfect
S6

September 14th 05, 01:09 AM
I use LX 5000 Elec. TE on my LS6. Perfect
S6

Walter Kronester
September 14th 05, 10:29 PM
Hi Ted,
I like Kirks idea:
Please try both instruments in TE and electronic mode and tell us about your
findigs.
This will create an interesting post for many of us.
Thanks in advance
Walter

2cernauta2
September 15th 05, 12:12 AM
wrote:

>I use electonic TE with LX 5000 and LS 6.Perfect
>S6

Would you please tell me the settings you have selected in the TE
setup page?

thanks!

Aldo

September 15th 05, 02:49 AM
I use 7 if I remember well. Will check next week end. Also I have
manifolded front and rear static.
S6

Google