PDA

View Full Version : Soaring in north Italy

Yuval S
September 16th 05, 09:57 PM
Hi,

We are going for a family vacation in northern Italy
(around lake Como and Toscaney) on the beginning of
October.
I am looking for a place that I can get some nice soaring
and maybe seaplane flights.
Tips anyone?
Thanx,

Yuval

2cernauta2
September 16th 05, 11:14 PM
Yuval S > wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are going for a family vacation in northern Italy
>(around lake Como and Toscaney) on the beginning of
>October.

The Federation's website includes a guide to gliding clubs:
http://www.fivv.it/dove_vv.htm

For soaring, I would suggest Varese-Calcinate (www.acao.it), and
Alzate Brianza (www.avl.it); in Tuscany, Mugello
(www.mugellogliding.aero/), or Arezzo.

For Seaplanes, the aeroclub of Como (http://www.aeroclubcomo.com/).

I also have some friends who own a beautiful ultralight seaplane, the
Seamax. They fly close to Milano and Varese.

best regards

Aldo Cernezzi

Ducktrap
January 11th 06, 03:44 AM
Hi,

We are going for a family vacation in northern Italy
(around lake Como and Toscaney) on the beginning of
October.
I am looking for a place that I can get some nice soaring
and maybe seaplane flights.
Tips anyone?
Thanx,

Yuval

I am looking for same. I found one site North of Como in High Mountains near Sondrio Italy that sounds interesting - they list a variety of single and tandom gliders http://www.csuttner.de/soaring/Italy/italy.html.
They sent me a complete list (in German) I can send you if you like. I'll be there in June 2006 - if you score a good site please let me know. I need only dual time, at least to start - I have a bunch of time in hang gliders, but only several in a L-23 and yet to solo. Also - any travel tips (lodging, dining, sites), places to rent sports cars, bikes, etc for Como to Capri appreaciated - I only speak english.
Thanks.

nyffeler
January 11th 06, 07:43 AM
In article >, Ducktrap
> wrote:

I and some other members of my club (soaring club of Zurich) are starting our
season every spring at Alzatte-Brianza. www.avl.it/

A nice place for flights while your wife goes shopping in Milano ;-)
see picktures at http://www.postfrontal.com/gallery/

>Yuval S Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are going for a family vacation in northern Italy
>> (around lake Como and Toscaney) on the beginning of
>> October.
>> I am looking for a place that I can get some nice soaring
>> and maybe seaplane flights.
>> Tips anyone?
>> Thanx,
>>
>> Yuval
>
>I am looking for same. I found one site North of Como in High Mountains
>near Sondrio Italy that sounds interesting - they list a variety of
>single and tandom gliders
>http://www.csuttner.de/soaring/Italy/italy.html.
>They sent me a complete list (in German) I can send you if you like.
>I'll be there in June 2006 - if you score a good site please let me
>know. I need only dual time, at least to start - I have a bunch of time
>in hang gliders, but only several in a L-23 and yet to solo. Also - any
>travel tips (lodging, dining, sites), places to rent sports cars, bikes,
>etc for Como to Capri appreaciated - I only speak english.
>Thanks.

Ducktrap
January 15th 06, 08:39 PM
Thank you for the websites. Do you know if those locations are Alpine with potential for wave flights? I don't dare to leave my wife shopping in Milano - I would have no money left for flying.
Randall

In article , Ducktrap
wrote:Thank you for the websites. Do you know if those locations are Alpine with potential for wave flights? I don't dare to leave my wife shopping in Milano - I would have no money left for flying.
Randall

Yuval S Wrote:
[...]

Google