PDA

View Full Version : Is there any new scoop on the LS-10?

John Bojack
September 19th 05, 03:47 PM
Was wondering if someone in Germany might have the latest inside info on
production. (possibly a few being produced now?)

I see it has done well in a few contests this year.

Thanks.

Stefan
September 19th 05, 04:43 PM
According to the DG web site:
- the prototype exists and flies
- the pilots who have flown it are amused
- DG will produce it
- no date given yet

Stefan

Paul
September 19th 05, 09:20 PM
Options are being taken for the LS10 now.
You can convert those into delivery positions when they start production.
The first deliverys of production gliders will be 2007.
From what I understand they will have the turbo option almost from day one.
The LS 10 fuse is an LS 8-18 one so the turbo will be exactly the same.

Paul

"Stefan" > wrote in message
> According to the DG web site:
> - the prototype exists and flies
> - the pilots who have flown it are amused
> - DG will produce it
> - no date given yet
>
> Stefan

John Bojack
September 19th 05, 11:24 PM

01-- Zero One
September 19th 05, 11:44 PM
Just a tad bit on the cryptic side, John.

Larry

John Bojack
September 20th 05, 12:10 AM
Just trying to stay informed so I'll know when to sell you my '6, Larry.

John Bojack
September 20th 05, 12:11 AM

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu
September 20th 05, 01:35 AM
Think it was suppose to be in the LS-10 thread

01-- Zero One
September 20th 05, 02:42 AM
That's what I presumed. Just love rattlin' his chain though.

"ttaylor at cc.usu.edu" > wrote in message
ups.com:

> Think it was suppose to be in the LS-10 thread

hannu
September 20th 05, 07:37 AM
"John Bojack" > wrote in message
> I see it has done well in a few contests this year.

Maybe it's the pilot, not the glider? ;) ;) ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist... o : )

hannu

John Bojack
September 21st 05, 05:28 AM
"hannu" > wrote in message

> "John Bojack" > wrote in message
>> I see it has done well in a few contests this year.
>
> Maybe it's the pilot, not the glider? ;) ;) ;)
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist... o : )
>
> hannu

hannu
September 21st 05, 06:58 AM
"John Bojack" > wrote in message

Yeah, I agree

It was just a small sting for those dismissing Diana II success to "it's
just the pilot"-genre :)

hannu

John Bojack
September 21st 05, 04:36 PM
It's fun to watch a pilot's performance after they get a new ship.

In general, it does nothing to their standings in competition, and
oftentimes, they get a little worse.

Interesting!

J4

Andy
September 21st 05, 10:47 PM
But the only pilots that will go fast in a Dianna are those that can
get in and close the canopy. The drag penalty is too high for the rest
of us.

Andy

Chris
September 27th 05, 06:47 AM
On their news page (September 26th), they state, that they are commited now
and they hope to get started by 2006.

Christian

> Was wondering if someone in Germany might have the latest inside info on
> production. (possibly a few being produced now?)
>
> I see it has done well in a few contests this year.
>
> Thanks.

John Bojack
September 28th 05, 04:01 AM

Chris
September 28th 05, 09:52 AM
Well, then its time to try AltaVista's translator
(http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr) and enter the url
(http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/ls10-entw-d.html#Weg-frei). Then scroll down
the text for the latest news.

Sometimes it gives you some funny translations but at least from German to
English the results are more or less understandable.

Christian

Google