PDA

View Full Version : Who can identify this tube frame aircraft fuselage?

Rob de Bie
January 11th 05, 08:42 PM
Hi!

Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209

I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?

Thanks!

Rob

Peter Dohm
January 11th 05, 09:07 PM
Aside from the (obvious) risk of a voodoo curse, was there a reason to black
out the head and face of the occupant?

"Rob de Bie" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:
>
> http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209
>
> I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

Orval Fairbairn
January 12th 05, 12:40 AM
In article >,
(Rob de Bie) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:
>
> http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209
>
> I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

Stearman?

Peter Dohm
January 12th 05, 01:49 AM
Some sort of low wing (probably a monoplane) with spring steel main gear...

But I have no idea what kind.

Peter

"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Rob de Bie) wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:
> >
> > http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209
> >
> > I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Rob
>

> Stearman?

Booboo
January 12th 05, 12:28 PM
It does look like a Tips' fuselage of some sort. At first glance, I thought
it was from a Tipsy M/Fairey Primer, but the landing gear was wing mounted
on this aircraft. The truss definitely looks from a Tips' design though.
Search the web for Ernest Oscar Tips "Tipsy" aircraft and you'll probably
find something.
I hope this helps.

Antonio
Portugal

"Rob de Bie" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:
>
> http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209
>
> I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

Dan Nafe
January 13th 05, 09:45 PM
In article
Orval Fairbairn > wrote:

> In article >,
> (Rob de Bie) wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:
> >
> > http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?g=verzamel&u=luchtvaart&ID=17209
> >
> > I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Rob
>

> Stearman?

No. Too light and diagonal "formers" are not "stearman-esque"

Google