PDA

View Full Version : End Of Spray Season

September 24th 05, 02:44 AM
Finished the spray season in Minnesota with about 450 hours logged from
June to 20Sept. More than 45,000 acres sprayed without incident. Then
was hired to ferry a Bell 206L3 from northern MN down to Baton Rouge LA
where it promptly was put to work. I declined an offer to go to work
immediately as I hadn't been home since May. Will be ready for some
relief work shortly though after Rita passes by. Was fascinated at all
the aircraft at BTR and was told that was a small fraction of what had
been there a couple weeks earlier doing hurricane work. That will peak
again I'm sure with Rita rearing her ugly head in the gulf.
Managed to get in an hour of float plane flying in Park Rapids before
leaving and that was a kick. I hadn't been on floats for about 35 years
and that was also in northern Minnesota!
Just thought I'd pass it along to those who were reading my earlier
notes about ag work.
Rocky

Google