PDA

View Full Version : Landing Light Flasher Circuit

ELIPPSE
January 12th 05, 04:51 PM
If you are looking for a simple, inexpensive, somewhat easy to make
light-flasher for your landing lights, check this out:
geocities.com/eaa170/techc/AircraftLightFlasher.pdf .

RST Engineering
January 12th 05, 06:05 PM
1. The URL given pops up "Page Not Found". Try this instead:
www.geocities.com/eaa170/techc/ and then click on the Aircraft Light Flasher
pdf file.

2. The difficulty with this circuit is that we generally expect one side of
both lamps to be grounded, one a taxi lamp and one a landing lamp. This
design requires both sides of one lamp to be floating.

3. There is a different way of doing it, with both lamps grounded at one
terminal, and using an inrush current limiter to achieve the same goals at
http://www.rst-engr.com/kitplanes/KP0003/KP0003.htm . This design also
uses FETs that are a little easier to come by than the ones suggested in the
referenced article.

Jim

"ELIPPSE" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> If you are looking for a simple, inexpensive, somewhat easy to make
> light-flasher for your landing lights, check this out:
> geocities.com/eaa170/techc/AircraftLightFlasher.pdf .

Google