PDA

View Full Version : Problem with thre Sailplane directory

Martin Gregorie
September 24th 05, 11:45 AM
I'm posting this here in the hope that somebody responsible for the
Sailplane Directory reads this ng. The obvious way of reporting problems
(e-mail to the webmaster which is referenced on the bottom of site pages)
doesn't work. E-mail to the webmaster is rejected with an error saying
that is an unknown e-mail user.

Anyway, they have a few problems that need fixing. This is what I was
trying to send them:

=================================

Your registration process crashed after I submitted my details. When I
resubmitted the registration the site reported that my e-mail address is
already in use BUT I can't log in and I haven't received the promised
e-mail confirmation. Please fix this problem and let me know whether I've
been registered or if I need to re-register. As a side comment, it would
appear that part of the database update succeeded before the process
crashed: could I suggest that you revise the code to complete registration
within a single database transaction and explicitly commit with rollback
if any part of the transaction fails?

---------------------------------
Why I was trying to log in:

- the third picture on the Libelle H301 page (of MJ) is probably
misplaced: it looks like a Club Libelle H205, not an H301.

- I have colour pictures of the SZD Junior should you want them.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Nick Olson
September 24th 05, 12:04 PM
They have a lot wrong on that site- don't think it's
been touched/maintained in years1

Martin Gregorie
September 24th 05, 12:40 PM
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:04:51 +0000, Nick Olson wrote:

> They have a lot wrong on that site- don't think it's been
> touched/maintained in years1

I have noticed a few changes creeping onto the site recently (colour
photos of the H301 Libelle and new ASK-13 photos).

I thought that it had recently been transferred to the Netherlands or did
I dream that?

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Ruud
September 25th 05, 11:55 AM
On the site:
---QUOTE---
The Sailplane Directory is now being hosted by basis by Activate
Media, a London based new media company, on a non-profit basis and as
a service for the gliding community
---UNQUOTE---

So I think the best way is to contact Active Media at

Success!

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:40:51 +0100, Martin Gregorie
> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:04:51 +0000, Nick Olson wrote:
>
>> They have a lot wrong on that site- don't think it's been
>> touched/maintained in years1
>
>I have noticed a few changes creeping onto the site recently (colour
>photos of the H301 Libelle and new ASK-13 photos).
>
>I thought that it had recently been transferred to the Netherlands or did
>I dream that?

Martin Gregorie
September 25th 05, 03:55 PM
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:55:18 +0200, Ruud wrote:

> So I think the best way is to contact Active Media at

Thanks.

e-mail sent.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie