PDA

View Full Version : European glider prices down

Charles Yeates
September 24th 05, 03:21 PM
Since mid April the US$ has improved against the Euro thereby lowering
the price of a new european sailplane by 7.8%, saving thousands. For
example, a new PW-6 with instruments except radio, costs US$49,750.
Let's hope the ratio holds or improves more. It changes daily.
--
Charles Yeates

Swidnik PW-6U & PW-5
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/yeatesc/world.html

Brad
September 25th 05, 02:35 AM
yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
Brad

bumper
September 25th 05, 03:45 AM
"Brad" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
> love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
> Brad

Is this what's referred to as a "pre-emptive first strike"?

bumper

September 25th 05, 06:51 AM
Brad wrote:
> yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
> love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
> Brad

Well, I've actually never ridiculed the PW6, which for all I know is a
fine 2 seater in spite of it's resemblence to it's retarded older
brother. Now if the original post had bragged about the 'bargain'
price of a new PW5... well, even the dealer even seems too embarrased
to list the price of a new PW5 on his web site. My work here is done.

Ruud
September 25th 05, 11:15 AM
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:21:09 GMT, Charles Yeates
> wrote:

>Since mid April the US$ has improved against the Euro

Could be a "dead cat bounce" ;-)

J.A.M.
September 29th 05, 05:13 PM
Yeah, by the same ratio you can get a real glider.
Almost 50k, you can get a K21, or a Janus, or in single seat an ASW-27.
Beat this, PeeWees...

"Charles Yeates" > escribió en el mensaje
> Since mid April the US$ has improved against the Euro thereby lowering
> the price of a new european sailplane by 7.8%, saving thousands. For
> example, a new PW-6 with instruments except radio, costs US$49,750.
> Let's hope the ratio holds or improves more. It changes daily.
> --
> Charles Yeates
>
> Swidnik PW-6U & PW-5
> http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/yeatesc/world.html

GK
September 29th 05, 09:41 PM
J.A.M. wrote:
> Yeah, by the same ratio you can get a real glider.
> Almost 50k, you can get a K21, or a Janus, or in single seat an ASW-27.
> Beat this, PeeWees...

- Beat what?! 20 year old piece of s@##@t after couple of accidents
and in need of gel coat repair? And trade us a secret where can you
find Asw-27 for 50 grand, I'll buy two!! And "real" AS-k 21 has almost
identical performance as Pewee 6, nothing to beat here just dry facts...

Charles Yeates
September 29th 05, 11:13 PM
New is better than second hand ----

--

Mark Lenox
October 1st 05, 12:16 AM

If you know sombody with a well equipped Janus that is willing ot sell it
for $50k, I'd like to speak with them. I am looking for one. Imports
from Europe are considerably more than that right now due to the exchange
rate, especially for a C model Janus.

Mark Lenox
CFIG
Chilhowee, TN

TTaylor at cc.usu.edu
October 1st 05, 12:25 AM
Second hand excellent quality is better than new low or medium quality.
I'll take a second hand BMW over a new KIA any day. Quality holds its
value in the long run.

Charles Yeates
October 1st 05, 01:36 AM
Even the Stemme airframe is made in Eastern Europe -- are you saying
Sremme quality is second rate? I don't think so.

--

nimbusgb
October 1st 05, 04:41 PM
TTaylor at cc.usu.edu wrote:
> Second hand excellent quality is better than new low or medium quality.
> I'll take a second hand BMW over a new KIA any day. Quality holds its
> value in the long run.

Not so sure about the KIA but in Europe I'd take a used Toyota over the
BMW in a heartbeat. Quality is frequently confused with price when
value should actually be the criterion.

Ian

Eric Greenwell
October 1st 05, 05:08 PM
Charles Yeates wrote:

> TTaylor at cc.usu.edu wrote:
>
>> Second hand excellent quality is better than new low or medium quality.
>> I'll take a second hand BMW over a new KIA any day. Quality holds its
>> value in the long run.

> Even the Stemme airframe is made in Eastern Europe -- are you saying
> Sremme quality is second rate? I don't think so.

I'd much rather have a used Stemme than a new KIA any day!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

GK
October 2nd 05, 12:04 AM
You're confusing quality with a price tag, Toyota Corolla proved to
have much better quality /dependability over sophisticated 100K BMWs,
not to mention Jag's...A lot of times these "excellent quality" Jags
need new gel coat after just couple of years of private usage.

Google