PDA

View Full Version : New Diamond?

Nyal Williams
September 25th 05, 09:00 PM
I've heard talk of a new diamond's being proposed by
IGC or some such body. Mention was made of a 4th diamond
for a 750km flight to stand between the 500km and the
1000km diploma.

If true, this would pave the way for a fifth diamond
for a goal flight of 750km.

Who knows details about this?

Marc Ramsey
September 25th 05, 09:10 PM
Nyal Williams wrote:
> I've heard talk of a new diamond's being proposed by
> IGC or some such body. Mention was made of a 4th diamond
> for a 750km flight to stand between the 500km and the
> 1000km diploma.
>
> If true, this would pave the way for a fifth diamond
> for a goal flight of 750km.
>
> Who knows details about this?

It will show up in the October 1, 2005 revision of the Sporting Code.
It will be a Diploma, not a Diamond. It will differ from the 1000+ km
Diplomas in that it is a national-level award, no international number
will be assigned...

Marc

Greg Arnold
September 25th 05, 10:38 PM
Is there information about this on-line somewhere?

Marc Ramsey wrote:
> Nyal Williams wrote:
>
>> I've heard talk of a new diamond's being proposed by
>> IGC or some such body. Mention was made of a 4th diamond
>> for a 750km flight to stand between the 500km and the
>> 1000km diploma.
>>
>> If true, this would pave the way for a fifth diamond
>> for a goal flight of 750km.
>>
>> Who knows details about this?
>

> It will show up in the October 1, 2005 revision of the Sporting Code. It
> will be a Diploma, not a Diamond. It will differ from the 1000+ km
> Diplomas in that it is a national-level award, no international number
> will be assigned...
>
> Marc

Marc Ramsey
September 25th 05, 10:43 PM
Greg Arnold wrote:
> Is there information about this on-line somewhere?
>
> Marc Ramsey wrote:
>> It will show up in the October 1, 2005 revision of the Sporting Code.
>> It will be a Diploma, not a Diamond. It will differ from the 1000+ km
>> Diplomas in that it is a national-level award, no international number
>> will be assigned...

Check http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp, after October 1...

Marc

Tim Newport-Peace
September 26th 05, 12:53 AM
In article >, Marc Ramsey
> writes
>Greg Arnold wrote:
>> Is there information about this on-line somewhere?
>>
>> Marc Ramsey wrote:
>>> It will show up in the October 1, 2005 revision of the Sporting Code.
>>> It will be a Diploma, not a Diamond. It will differ from the 1000+ km
>>> Diplomas in that it is a national-level award, no international number
>>> will be assigned...
>
>Check http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3.asp, after October 1...
>
>Marc

Well, actually the October 1st 2005 version can be downloaded from:
http://www.fai.org/gliding/system/files?file=sc3.pdf

The section you want is 2.1.4

Tim Newport-Peace

"Indecision is the Key to Flexibility."