PDA

View Full Version : IFR PANEL

Flyhighdave
January 15th 05, 12:29 AM
I am starting to design my panel and would like to plan for the capability of
basic IFR procedures and approaches in the future.
What equipment will I need room for on my panel?
Thanks!
David

Jim Carriere
January 15th 05, 05:46 AM
Flyhighdave wrote:
> I am starting to design my panel and would like to plan for the capability of
> basic IFR procedures and approaches in the future.
> What equipment will I need room for on my panel?
> Thanks!

I'm assuming you are in the USA. If you're in a different country,
the regulations should be very similar, but it's up to you to be sure.

Start with FAR 135.163 and 135.165. The first one lays out basic
instrument flying equipment, the second one deals with navigational
equipment. A bit of work on google should turn up info on both of
these regulations.

Look at some of the online avionics shops, some of them have panel
packages, this will give you more ideas.

Gig Giacona
January 17th 05, 07:17 PM
"Jim Carriere" > wrote in message
> Flyhighdave wrote:
>> I am starting to design my panel and would like to plan for the
>> capability of
>> basic IFR procedures and approaches in the future.
>> What equipment will I need room for on my panel?
>> Thanks!
>
> I'm assuming you are in the USA. If you're in a different country, the
> regulations should be very similar, but it's up to you to be sure.
>
> Start with FAR 135.163 and 135.165. The first one lays out basic
> instrument flying equipment, the second one deals with navigational
> equipment. A bit of work on google should turn up info on both of these
> regulations.
>
> Look at some of the online avionics shops, some of them have panel
> packages, this will give you more ideas.

I doubt he will be using his home built for anything that requires part 135.

try
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/0/1585AA03FF236ED6852566CF006794C0?OpenDocument

Gig Giacona
January 17th 05, 07:18 PM
"Flyhighdave" > wrote in message
>I am starting to design my panel and would like to plan for the capability
>of
> basic IFR procedures and approaches in the future.
> What equipment will I need room for on my panel?
> Thanks!
> David

Here is where you will find the answer you are looking for...

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/0/1585AA03FF236ED6852566CF006794C0?OpenDocument

It is s link to Part 91.205 of the FARs

Jim Carriere
January 18th 05, 04:24 AM
Gig Giacona wrote:
> I doubt he will be using his home built for anything that requires part 135.
>
> try
> http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/0/1585AA03FF236ED6852566CF006794C0?OpenDocument

Oh... right... as the cartoon light bulb above my head fizzles and
then comes on.

Google