PDA

View Full Version : DG 800B Power plug

HL Falbaum
October 3rd 05, 01:31 AM
I would like to find a North American, preferably USA, source for the
charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female part looks like a
smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug. The male, like a short
fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany use these for
acessory power plugs.

DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must then pay shipping.

Thanks in advance

--
Hartley Falbaum
DG800B 8Q USA

Gary Evans
October 3rd 05, 03:20 AM
I was told but have not confirmed that this is the
male half of the connector.
http://tinyurl.com/aozo2
I have not seen a source for the female side.

At 00:36 03 October 2005, Hl Falbaum wrote:
>I would like to find a North American, preferably USA,
>source for the
>charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female
>part looks like a
>smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug.
>The male, like a short
>fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany
>use these for
>acessory power plugs.
>
>DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must
>then pay shipping.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>--
>Hartley Falbaum
>DG800B 8Q USA

bumper
October 3rd 05, 07:08 AM
"HL Falbaum" > wrote in message
>I would like to find a North American, preferably USA, source for the
>charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female part looks like a
>smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug. The male, like a short
>fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany use these for
>acessory power plugs.
>
> DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must then pay shipping.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Hartley Falbaum
> DG800B 8Q USA

Try this url for both plugs and sockets:

http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/plugs_sockets.php

These are referred to as BMW style power plugs/sockets and are manufactured
by Bosch. They are also sold by John Deere tractor dealers for a reasonable
price, and BMW motorcycle dealers - - at a not quite so reasonable price.

all the best,

bumper

HL Falbaum
October 3rd 05, 12:54 PM
"bumper" > wrote in message

> "HL Falbaum" > wrote in message
>>I would like to find a North American, preferably USA, source for the
>>charging plug and recptacle for a DG800B. The female part looks like a
>>smaller diameter automotive cigarette lighter plug. The male, like a short
>>fat microphone jack. I'm told that automobiles in Germany use these for
>>acessory power plugs.
>>
>> DG has them but at a very dear price, plus one must then pay shipping.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Hartley Falbaum
>> DG800B 8Q USA
>

> Try this url for both plugs and sockets:
>
> http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/plugs_sockets.php
>
> These are referred to as BMW style power plugs/sockets and are
> manufactured by Bosch. They are also sold by John Deere tractor dealers
> for a reasonable price, and BMW motorcycle dealers - - at a not quite so
> reasonable price.
>
> all the best,
>
> bumper

Excellent--Many thanks Y'all