PDA

View Full Version : Need Approved Data for Release Mechanism

Roger Fowler
October 8th 05, 06:39 PM
Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Jim Newton
October 9th 05, 01:26 AM
Roger Fowler wrote:
> Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
> We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
> What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
> another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
> If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Roger

I sent you via email some doc and pdf files of documents that might be
of help in installing the tow hitch and release handle in a C172.
However, the email kicked back, even after removing the false email
characters.
Jim

Jeffrey Banks
October 9th 05, 06:03 PM
Jim

Would your drawings have the relase handle on the panel?
All our
towplanes seem to have a floor handle and it is not
ideal for emergency
access.

Jeff

At 00:30 09 October 2005, Jim Newton wrote:
>Roger Fowler wrote:
>> Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
>> We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
>> What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
>> another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
>> If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Roger
>>

>I sent you via email some doc and pdf files of documents
>that might be
>of help in installing the tow hitch and release handle
>in a C172.
>However, the email kicked back, even after removing
>the false email
>characters.
>Jim

Roger Fowler
October 10th 05, 01:28 AM
Cessna's installation uses a rope outside the airplane
and running in the window. OK for a weekend, but not
what we want for a permanent installation.

I received Jim's data and it should be just what I
need.

Thanks.

Roger

At 17:06 09 October 2005, Jeffrey Banks wrote:
>Jim
>
>Would your drawings have the relase handle on the panel?
> All our
>towplanes seem to have a floor handle and it is not
>ideal for emergency
>access.
>
>Jeff
>

>At 00:30 09 October 2005, Jim Newton wrote:
>>Roger Fowler wrote:
>>> Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
>>> We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
>>> What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
>>> another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
>>> If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
>>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Roger
>>>

>>I sent you via email some doc and pdf files of documents
>>that might be
>>of help in installing the tow hitch and release handle
>>in a C172.
>>However, the email kicked back, even after removing
>>the false email
>>characters.
>>Jim

Jim Newton
October 10th 05, 01:51 PM
No drawings for the panel release. I've heard of such but never seen one.
Jim

Jeffrey Banks wrote:
> Jim
>
> Would your drawings have the relase handle on the panel?
> All our
> towplanes seem to have a floor handle and it is not
> ideal for emergency
> access.
>
> Jeff

Tim Mara
October 10th 05, 03:24 PM
please see http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page31.htm for TOST C-172 tow
support pictures and description
tim
visit the Wings & Wheels website at:
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Jeffrey Banks" > wrote in message
> Jim
>
> Would your drawings have the relase handle on the panel?
> All our
> towplanes seem to have a floor handle and it is not
> ideal for emergency
> access.
>
> Jeff
>

> At 00:30 09 October 2005, Jim Newton wrote:
>>Roger Fowler wrote:
>>> Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
>>> We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
>>> What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
>>> another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
>>> If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
>>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Roger
>>>

>>I sent you via email some doc and pdf files of documents
>>that might be
>>of help in installing the tow hitch and release handle
>>in a C172.
>>However, the email kicked back, even after removing
>>the false email
>>characters.
>>Jim

Warren Cramer
May 4th 11, 07:52 PM
Our club is purchasing a Cessna 172 for a towplane.
We have the Cessna drawings for the tow hitch installation.
What we are looking for is an approved Form 337 for
another aircraft that shows the inside release mechanism.
If anyone has one that we could have a copy of it
would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Roger,

Did you end up using the 172 for a towplane and installing the tow hitch?

Our commercial operation has a 180hp STOL kit 172 that we currently use for rides and instruction. We would like to use it as a backup towplane for contests and possibly for winter operations when we typically store away our primary towplanes.

How did things work out with your 172 towplane?

Thanks,
Warren

Google