PDA

View Full Version : alarm tone in headset

January 25th 05, 09:11 PM
Is there a standard way to get an engine over temp, or fuel depletion
alarm to sound in the headset?

Peter
January 25th 05, 09:30 PM
> Is there a standard way to get an engine over temp, or fuel depletion
> alarm to sound in the headset?

If you have an intercom or audio panel, use the aux input, unswitched input,
or unused passenger mic input. If you don't have an intercom or audio
panel, get one.

Sandy
January 26th 05, 01:19 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Is there a standard way to get an engine over temp, or fuel depletion
> alarm to sound in the headset?

Yeah, look at your guages during your scan and say "oh ****" out loud. You
ought to be able to hear it through your headset.

Stuart & Kathryn Fields
January 26th 05, 04:20 PM
Yep. I needed a low/high rotor alarm tone in my headset. Jim Weir, in one
of his Kitplane articles, showed a circuit that could be adapted to provide
that very thing. I modified Jim's circuit to provide the alarm system in my
Safari helicopter. It works great. I wouldn't fly without it. I've left
room to add an audio message that could be anything such as low oil
pressure, low fuel, low batt, or??using a digital audio recording/playback
chip.
If you use an aux input to an audio panel, you will need a tone generator
that you can start from a eng temp or low fuel sensor.

--
Stuart Fields
VK Support Services

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Is there a standard way to get an engine over temp, or fuel depletion
> alarm to sound in the headset?

abripl
January 28th 05, 12:28 AM
I use an RMI engine monitor ( http://63.227.167.99 ) which includes an
audio alarm tone output for the audio panel.
SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000

Google