PDA

View Full Version : WIND SOCKS

Malcolm Austin
October 15th 05, 08:24 PM
Hi, I guess there must be some theory for the design of windsocks out there?

Our wind sock is more like a pair of torn and laddered tights, so we need to
rebuild it.

Is there some basic theory on size (yes we have the first main ring) and
length, also the size of the outlet hole? Is it also imperative to have
material with zero permeability or is some air passing allowed? Its a 30 kt
job so on the large side!

Now if I'm really lucky, this thread will be no longer than 3 posts long.
(G) :-)

Cheers,
Malcolm...

Tony Verhulst
October 15th 05, 09:12 PM
Malcolm Austin wrote:
> Hi, I guess there must be some theory for the design of windsocks out there?

too extreme? :-)

http://www.micom.net/oops/wyoming_windsock.jpg

Tony V.

Malcolm Austin
October 15th 05, 09:16 PM
Now come on Tony, none of your girly stuff here please??

You should see our club K8's in a force 15 !!

Regards, Malcolm..

PS. - Nice One !

"Tony Verhulst" > wrote in message
> Malcolm Austin wrote:
>> Hi, I guess there must be some theory for the design of windsocks out
>> there?
>
> too extreme? :-)
>
> http://www.micom.net/oops/wyoming_windsock.jpg
>
> Tony V.

COLIN LAMB
October 16th 05, 03:08 PM
Now if I'm really lucky, this thread will be no longer than 3 posts long.

Response: We cannot even get to the subject in 3 posts. It takes at least
6 to get focused. Next time try 10.

Colin

COLIN LAMB
October 16th 05, 03:15 PM
If you want to build a wind sock, look at:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/windsock/

Google