PDA

View Full Version : Traffic?

Richard Lamb
October 17th 05, 06:35 PM
No, not asking about other aircraft in the pattern.

It's just that the amount of traffic posted here seems to have
dropped dramatically while I was napping (the last year or so).

Anybody else notice that?

Richard

Montblack
October 17th 05, 08:22 PM
("Richard Lamb" wrote)
> It's just that the amount of traffic posted here seems to have
> dropped dramatically while I was napping (the last year or so).
>
> Anybody else notice that?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/about?hl=en
Here's one source for numbers.

Montblack

Richard Lamb
October 18th 05, 10:50 PM
I guess that answers that.

Richard

Paul Dowgewicz (Remove Caps in Address)
October 18th 05, 11:52 PM
Maybe the reduction is due to people reluctant to post since they know
what they write will be stored for at least 13 years. :-)

Actually, after the initial stratup, and development of the internet, it
may be following the reduction in the number of kit models available. I
know we're a distributed element by design, but I wonder how the number
of builders has varied over the years.

Montblack wrote:
> ("Richard Lamb" wrote)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/about?hl=en
> Here's one source for numbers.
>

> Montblack

Morgans
October 19th 05, 12:10 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in message
> ("Richard Lamb" wrote)
> > It's just that the amount of traffic posted here seems to have
> > dropped dramatically while I was napping (the last year or so).
> >
> > Anybody else notice that?
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/about?hl=en
> Here's one source for numbers.

Golly gee, that is a neat site!

To think that at one time, there were almost 5,000 posts in a month! Wow!

I'm going to have to not post so much. I got the award for this month's to
poster. I really don't have that much to say..... <g>
--
Jim in NC

Kyle Boatright
October 19th 05, 03:11 AM
"Richard Lamb" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> No, not asking about other aircraft in the pattern.
>
> It's just that the amount of traffic posted here seems to have
> dropped dramatically while I was napping (the last year or so).
>
> Anybody else notice that?
>
> Richard

Zoom is no longer a day-to-day subject, nor is Dennis Fetters. Beyond that,
BWB and several of his friends and enemies have seemingly disappeared. My
guess is that once upon a time those subjects accounted for 1/3 of the
bandwidth. Beyond that, JLS (once known as Latchless) no longer makes
lightining rod posts.

Beyond that, there are many more type specific discussion boards to syphon
interest from this forum.

I'd say traffic is well down from 5 years ago..

KB

Ron Wanttaja
October 19th 05, 04:07 AM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:10:31 -0400, "Morgans" > wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/about?hl=en
> > Here's one source for numbers.
>
> Golly gee, that is a neat site!
>
> To think that at one time, there were almost 5,000 posts in a month! Wow!

And how many of those five thousand posts were directly concerned with
designing, building, or flying homebuilt aircraft? :-)

Ron "Count the ZZZs and JJJs" Wanttaja

Lou
October 19th 05, 12:13 PM
Could it be that when someone would ask a question looking for
information, he would get 10-20 stupid comments and smart ass answers
that he went somewhere else?
Or maybe it's the day to day bitching between a few know-it-all's, like
I don't hear enough of that at home.
Don't get me wrong, there have been some terrific people with good
information, and a few great answers to many questions, but when
someone post a question looking for answers they generally get a huge
waste of time reading pure ignorance. Or better yet the entire post
goes way off topic. Just my opinion.
Lou

Richard Lamb
October 19th 05, 09:52 PM
I kinda miss Zoom and some of the others...
I mean, I've never been much of one for terrorizing dumb animals,
put some of those guys were a lot of fun to make fun of.
(And yes, I've wasted a lot of bandwidth too. But it was all in a good
cause???)

Richard

Google