PDA

View Full Version : Two 9th grade girls die in Young Eagles flight

John Ammeter
October 17th 05, 06:45 PM
I don't have any details other than that a PA-28 with pilot and two 9th
grade girls crashed on takeoff from Paine Field this weekend. They were
on a Young Eagles flight per the newspaper. No names have been released
yet. Story in the paper was that the plane attempted a landing and then
made a "quick" takeoff. It was described as in a steep climb when it
turned to the side and went down in the trees past the end of the runway.

Both the girls and the pilot died in the crash.

John

OtisWinslow
October 18th 05, 01:22 PM
A go-around? Forget to retract the flaps?

"John Ammeter" > wrote in message
>I don't have any details other than that a PA-28 with pilot and two 9th
>grade girls crashed on takeoff from Paine Field this weekend. They were on
>a Young Eagles flight per the newspaper. No names have been released yet.
>Story in the paper was that the plane attempted a landing and then made a
>"quick" takeoff. It was described as in a steep climb when it turned to
>the side and went down in the trees past the end of the runway.
>
> Both the girls and the pilot died in the crash.
>
> John

Ron Wanttaja
October 18th 05, 01:57 PM
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:22:02 GMT, "OtisWinslow" > wrote:

> "John Ammeter" > wrote in message
> >I don't have any details other than that a PA-28 with pilot and two 9th
> >grade girls crashed on takeoff from Paine Field this weekend. They were on
> >a Young Eagles flight per the newspaper. No names have been released yet.
> >Story in the paper was that the plane attempted a landing and then made a
> >"quick" takeoff. It was described as in a steep climb when it turned to
> >the side and went down in the trees past the end of the runway.
>
> A go-around? Forget to retract the flaps?

FAA preliminary report says "ACFT REPORTED LOSS OF POWER SHORTLY AFTER
DEPARTURE".

Ron Wanttaja

Google