PDA

View Full Version : Littlefield Glider Club

Jack
October 22nd 05, 02:41 AM
I'm being promoted and moved to Clovis, NM. I had thought I would end
up in Amarillo or Albuquerque, but the boss said it's Clovis. I flew
out of Littlefield in the early '90s in a Region 10 contest, and
thoroughly enjoyed it. Is that club, I think it's Caprock Soaring,
still active? If not, what about Hobbs, or Amarillo? I have a
sailplane, and don't want to see it sit for lack of a good club,
particularly not in that excellent soaring environment. With gas prices
being what they are, I don't want to be too far away...

Jack Womack

October 22nd 05, 03:39 AM
Jack wrote:
> I'm being promoted and moved to Clovis, NM. I had thought I would end
> up in Amarillo or Albuquerque, but the boss said it's Clovis. I flew
> out of Littlefield in the early '90s in a Region 10 contest, and
> thoroughly enjoyed it. Is that club, I think it's Caprock Soaring,
> still active? If not, what about Hobbs, or Amarillo? I have a
> sailplane, and don't want to see it sit for lack of a good club,
> particularly not in that excellent soaring environment. With gas prices
> being what they are, I don't want to be too far away...
>
> Jack Womack

Jack,

The club at Littlefield is going strong with Mike Graves at the helm.
Mike is a fairly recent convert to soaring being trained by Burt
Compton at Marfa. Mike has already achieved 500k and a TX state record
in his first year as a licensed glider driver. His entheusiasm for the
sport is fantastic! You will receive a great welcome from Mike. I can
put you in touch with him directly if you wish.

Matt Michael
wby0nder AT aol dot com (the 0 in wby0nder is a zero)

Jack
October 22nd 05, 06:41 PM
Are they aerotowing? Is hangar space available? Please have Mike
contact me. I need info as we will move quickly when this happens.

Thanks,

Jack

October 23rd 05, 01:16 AM
Jack,

Mike is anxious to talk with you but we don't have contact info for
you. I don't suggest you post it here and I wont post Mike's email or
phone in this forum but you can email me directly at the email address
I posted above (somewhat cryptically) or just look me up at
www.knightglider.com, under the "contact us" link. Email or call me
and I will put you in touch with Mike immediately.

They are aerotowing at Littlefield and have a winch. I think hanger
space may be
available.

Matt Michael

Google