PDA

View Full Version : SAGE

October 23rd 05, 12:53 AM
Hi,
I would appreciate comments on the small Sage vario, model SV 2.25.
Regards, S6

Adnan Mirza
October 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
Really nice vario. Smooth response and I find the 2.2 second time
constant just about right for confirming a thermal worth banking for.
I like flying with one.

Eric Greenwell
October 24th 05, 12:16 AM
wrote:

> Hi,
> I would appreciate comments on the small Sage vario, model SV 2.25.
> Regards, S6

If it's going to be your only vario, don't get the Sage, but instead,
get something with an audio. Without an audio, you'll spend too much
time looking at the vario and not enough time looking outside for lift
and other aircraft; or, you'll miss some good lift as you fly through it
while looking around.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Guy Acheson
October 24th 05, 01:29 AM
I find the SAGE 2.25 to be a solid instrument. However,
because the needle and dial are deeply set behind the
glass you must have it mounted so that you are looking
dead center at the instrument. I also wish it had
non-reflective glass because there are many times I
can not read the instrument because of reflections.
After one season I took it out and am happier with
a good old Winter.
Guy Acheson

wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I would appreciate comments on the small Sage vario,
>>model SV 2.25.
>> Regards, S6
>
>If it's going to be your only vario, don't get the
>Sage, but instead,
>get something with an audio. Without an audio, you'll
>spend too much
>time looking at the vario and not enough time looking
>outside for lift
>and other aircraft; or, you'll miss some good lift
>as you fly through it
>while looking around.
>

>--
>Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly
>
>Eric Greenwell
>Washington State
>USA

Robert Danewid
October 24th 05, 07:58 PM
Used one since 1999 - just super!

Robert
304 NS

wrote:
> Hi,
> I would appreciate comments on the small Sage vario, model SV 2.25.
> Regards, S6

Google