PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Impala made by the Aerocar Company

Maciej Fuczik
February 3rd 05, 10:25 PM
Hello.
I'm for the first time at the meeting of this discussion group.
I'looking for some information about the double version of the plane
which was made in 1981/82 year by the Aerocar Company. It is called
MICRO-IMPALA.
Here are some information I have about the single version plane (I've
got also pictures
of the machine taken from its front,sides ane from the top).

wingspan 8,23 meters (27 ft)
wing area 7,53m^2 (81 sq.ft.)
length 4,57 meters (15 ft)
height 1,22 meters (4 ft)
maximum gross weight 238 kg (523 lb)
empty weight 118 kg (259 lb) (249kg (547 lb) double version)
Engine 18,4 kW (48 kW double version)
maximum speed 223 kph
minimum speed 78 kph
climb rate 2,53 m/s
airfoil Ga(PC)-1

From my source (Polish book published in 1986) I found out that the
machine was sold/has been sold
in the form of projects and sets for own assembly.I"m interested in
pilot characteristics of the plane
and I"d like to know how and where I can get the projects of the
double version plane
or if it is not possible of the single version plane. I hope there
will be at least
one person who will be able to help me.
I send my greetings and I'm thankful for any respons.

Ron Wanttaja
February 4th 05, 02:01 AM
On 3 Feb 2005 14:25:35 -0800, (Maciej Fuczik) wrote:

>Hello.
>I'm for the first time at the meeting of this discussion group.
>I'looking for some information about the double version of the plane
>which was made in 1981/82 year by the Aerocar Company. It is called
>MICRO-IMPALA.

I think you mean the Micro-Imp, not "Impala" ("Imp" as in a young demon or
mischievous child) See:

http://www.mini-imp.com/micro_imp.htm

There's no two-seat version yet, but they're apparently thinking about it.

Ron Wanttaja

Google