Wow I would like one for Christmas

Mal

October 27th 05, 06:14 AM
Mal wrote:
> http://www.lange-flugzeugbau.de/english/menu/menu-akt.htm
>
> Wow I would like one for Christmas
>
> Mal

Mal,

A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.

http://community.webshots.com/album/325575930MzPANH

I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.

Robert Mudd
Apis Sailplanes

bagmaker
October 27th 05, 06:40 AM
Go you halves, Mal?

October 27th 05, 08:03 AM
I'll sell you my spot on the waiting list.

Duncan McC
October 27th 05, 09:33 AM
In article . com>,
says...

> Mal wrote:
> > http://www.lange-flugzeugbau.de/english/menu/menu-akt.htm
> >
> > Wow I would like one for Christmas
> >
> > Mal
>
> Mal,
>
> A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/325575930MzPANH
>
> I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.
>
> Robert Mudd
> Apis Sailplanes

How much? - :)

--
Duncan

Mal
October 27th 05, 11:26 AM
In the lotto ticket no worries.

Maybe they can send it out as demo model for the national comps in Gawler
this Christmas.

Happy to fly it for them even happier if I win.

www.mals.net

"bagmaker" > wrote in message

> Go you halves, Mal?
>

> --
> bagmaker

David Kinsell
October 27th 05, 02:06 PM
Mal wrote:
> In the lotto ticket no worries.
>
> Maybe they can send it out as demo model for the national comps in Gawler
> this Christmas.
>
> Happy to fly it for them even happier if I win.
>
> www.mals.net

A self-launcher would be good for you. Wouldn't have to fly low-tow,
and deal with those metal weaklinks zipping back at ya.

Fred
October 27th 05, 03:07 PM
Robert:

Looks nice -- 13 or 15 meter? Let us know how it flies. Fred

Mike
October 28th 05, 04:26 AM
Duncan McC wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
> >

> > A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
>
> > I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.
> >
> > Robert Mudd
> > Apis Sailplanes
>
> How much? - :)
>
> --

Duncan,

In the low to mid $60,000. Depending on the exchange rate.
It is 15 meter span.

Robert Mudd

Eric Greenwell
October 28th 05, 04:55 AM
Mike wrote:

> Duncan McC wrote:
>
>>In article . com>,
says...

>>>A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
>>
>>>I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.
>>>
>>>Robert Mudd
>>>Apis Sailplanes
>>
>>How much? - :)

> Duncan,
>
> In the low to mid $60,000. Depending on the exchange rate.
> It is 15 meter span.
>
> Robert Mudd

Please report to us, or tell us where to find the report on your web site.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

October 28th 05, 04:19 PM
The prototype Apis E was not developed in house at AMS. It was built up
from an Apis 15 meter kit by a very talented electrical engineer in
Ljubljana, the capitol city of Slovenia. I saw the glider and met its
builder/designer at AERO'05 in Friedrichshafen last April. At that time
it had only flown twice. It now has over 35 flight on it. The prototype
did not look like one, it look like a well developed serial production
airframe. The quality of the motor instalation and cockpit was first
class, this is evident in the link I provided earlier.

One goal of my up comming visit to Slovenia is to look at what is being
done to get the Apis E into production. The two owner of AMS have been
to the last two SSA Convnetions and I believe they will be at the '06
Convention. The Convention organizers are looking into haveing a
presentation about electric launch, I expect that will be well
attended. Production plans and some delivery schedules should be made
public then.

Plans are for the production units to have USA made brushless DC
motors, thus having much better efficency than the prototype.

Robert Mudd

Eric Greenwell wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
> Please report to us, or tell us where to find the report on your web site.
>
> --
> Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
>
> Eric Greenwell
> Washington State
> USA

October 28th 05, 04:40 PM
What is the price of the Antares??

Stefan
October 28th 05, 06:07 PM
wrote:

> What is the price of the Antares??

Somwhere in the vicinity of USD 200'000.

As a friend of mine who could afford one likes to say: It's much too
expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Stefan

Marc Ramsey
October 28th 05, 06:15 PM
Stefan wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> What is the price of the Antares??
>
> Somwhere in the vicinity of USD 200'000.
>
> As a friend of mine who could afford one likes to say: It's much too
> expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Or, as a friend of mine who could afford several might say: Get a grip,
man, it's a freakin' toy!

Duncan McC
October 29th 05, 10:58 AM
In article . com>,
says...

> Duncan McC wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > says...
> > >

> > > A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
> >
> > > I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.
> > >
> > > Robert Mudd
> > > Apis Sailplanes
> >
> > How much? - :)
> >
> > --
>

> Duncan,
>
> In the low to mid $60,000. Depending on the exchange rate.
> It is 15 meter span.
>
> Robert Mudd

Cheers Robert - so confirming $60K Euro or thereabouts?

--
Duncan

October 29th 05, 03:43 PM
Duncan,

The price being put forth is 50,600 euro, Today that is $61,600.
However the price is subject to change oncec they get a firm handle on
production costs. I truly hope it goes no higher.

Robert Mudd

> Cheers Robert - so confirming $60K Euro or thereabouts?
>
> --
> Duncan

Ola Rĝer Thorsen
October 29th 05, 06:16 PM
wrote:

> Mal wrote:
>> http://www.lange-flugzeugbau.de/english/menu/menu-akt.htm
>>
>> Wow I would like one for Christmas
>>
>> Mal
>
> Mal,
>
> A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/325575930MzPANH
>
> I'll be flying it in about two weeks in Slovenia.
>
> Robert Mudd
> Apis Sailplanes

Nice plug Robert :-)

Reasonably priced -- it depends on what you're after, right? An openclass
performing sailplane with all the newest in aerodynamics, crash safety,
ergonomics, energy for 3000m climb, or an ultralight sailplane.

The Antares costs 130k euros, not 200k USD as implied somewhere else here in
the thread, by the way. Considering what you get for this, this IS
reasonably priced.

Cheers
Ola

Greg Arnold
October 29th 05, 06:38 PM
Ola Rĝer Thorsen wrote:

>>A more resonable priced option is the new Apis E.
>>
>>Robert Mudd
>>Apis Sailplanes
>

> Reasonably priced -- it depends on what you're after, right? An openclass
> performing sailplane with all the newest in aerodynamics, crash safety,
> ergonomics, energy for 3000m climb, or an ultralight sailplane.

How is the ventilation? From the photos, it appears it lacks the
eyeball vent now on all SH's and AS's. And how long does it take to rig
with those extra-heavy wings?

> The Antares costs 130k euros, not 200k USD as implied somewhere else here in
> the thread, by the way. Considering what you get for this, this IS
> reasonably priced.
>
> Cheers
> Ola

130k euros is $160,000. Add all the extras, and you are close to
$200,000.

I see in the latest Aerokurier that there will be an an 18m version
(both unpowered and sustainer), though there is no mention of this on
the Antares website.

Does anyone know if the company has any plans to make an effort to sell
in the USA?

LimaZulu
October 30th 05, 08:50 PM
je napisal:
> The prototype Apis E was not developed in house at AMS. It was built up
> from an Apis 15 meter kit by a very talented electrical engineer in
> Ljubljana, the capitol city of Slovenia. I saw the glider and met its
> builder/designer at AERO'05 in Friedrichshafen last April. At that time
> it had only flown twice. It now has over 35 flight on it. The prototype
> did not look like one, it look like a well developed serial production
> airframe. The quality of the motor instalation and cockpit was first
> class, this is evident in the link I provided earlier.
>
> One goal of my up comming visit to Slovenia is to look at what is being
> done to get the Apis E into production. The two owner of AMS have been
> to the last two SSA Convnetions and I believe they will be at the '06
> Convention. The Convention organizers are looking into haveing a
> presentation about electric launch, I expect that will be well
> attended. Production plans and some delivery schedules should be made
> public then.
>
> Plans are for the production units to have USA made brushless DC
> motors, thus having much better efficency than the prototype.
>
> Robert Mudd
>

> Eric Greenwell wrote:
> > Mike wrote:
> >
> > Please report to us, or tell us where to find the report on your web site.
> >
> > --
> > Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
> >
> > Eric Greenwell
> > Washington State
> > USA

Check also new web page about Apis Electro on www.glider-one.si

Best regards,

Luka Znidarsic

Robert Ehrlich
November 2nd 05, 01:34 PM
Greg Arnold wrote:
> I see in the latest Aerokurier that there will be an an 18m version
> (both unpowered and sustainer), though there is no mention of this on
> the Antares website.

http://www.lange-flugzeugbau.com/deutsch/menu/aktuell/antares2006.htm

Gavin Short
November 2nd 05, 10:46 PM
Luka,

thanks it looks very interesting indeed.

I have a question for the UK glider community. What
qualification do you need to fly it in UK? Its a Self
launching Ultralight.....

a. From the starting point of a UK Silver C pilot
(and holding an international glider pilot's licence).

b. Would a German PPL 'G' for and Ultralight (Icarus
C42) powered aircraft help. I am about to take a
course of 10 lessons to get a German PPL'G' (Flying
in Belgium but with a German club.

Gavin

At 20:54 30 October 2005, Limazulu wrote:

>Check also new web page about Apis Electro on www.glider-one.si
>
>Best regards,
>
>Luka Znidarsic

Google