PDA

View Full Version : Mandrel for 306/-2 (1/8 in) and 471-2 fitting?

Boelkowj
February 5th 05, 11:08 PM
I am doing my instrument lines and haven't found a small mandrel for the size
noted above. If the mandrel is not available for this small hosing how do you
put it together? I don't want my hose to fail. I am replacing the old ones as I
found some very lose hosing including to the fuel pressure gauge at the fire
wall which I think was only a matter of time to fail. It looked like the
fitting was not put on correctly as the 2 pieces of the fitting were "frozen"
and the hose was pretty loose to the point of just pulling it off with no
effort.. Thanks

Larry

B2431
February 5th 05, 11:36 PM
>From: (Boelkowj)
>Date: 2/5/2005 17:08 Central Standard Time
>
>I am doing my instrument lines and haven't found a small mandrel for the size
>noted above. If the mandrel is not available for this small hosing how do you
>put it together? I don't want my hose to fail. I am replacing the old ones as
>found some very lose hosing including to the fuel pressure gauge at the fire
>wall which I think was only a matter of time to fail. It looked like the
>fitting was not put on correctly as the 2 pieces of the fitting were "frozen"
>and the hose was pretty loose to the point of just pulling it off with no
>effort.. Thanks
>
>Larry

In the Air Force I assembled them without a mandrel. Use an expendable fitting
isntead of the mandrel. It's a little bit trickier to keep the work straight,
but it can be done. The reason I say use an expendable fitting is visegrips or
a vise are the best way to grasp it. Even using a socket or box end wrench will
chew up the outside of the fitting because it will wobble. You could weld a
handle to a steel fitting.

Good luck.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

COUGARNFW
February 6th 05, 02:00 PM
Larry...

Although sets of larger mandrels are available, I have never been able to find
a mandrel for the 1/8th hoses, so I made one.

Sacramento Sky Ranch also made theirs.

Neal

Google