PDA

View Full Version : Re: Uber Hackers

RobertR237
July 11th 03, 03:46 AM
In article >, writes:

>I was just wondering, are the uber hackers still on RAH? I have a problem
>with
>windows XP that nobody's been able to fix.

I have a good suggestion but I doubt that you would take it.

Take your computer, load it in your plane, climb out to 20k ft and shove it
out. I guarantee it will end your problem. Short of that, get rid of Windows
XP.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Kali
July 11th 03, 06:02 AM
(RobertR237) wrote in message >...
> In article >, writes:
>

> >I was just wondering, are the uber hackers still on RAH? I have a problem
> >with
> >windows XP that nobody's been able to fix.
> >

> I have a good suggestion but I doubt that you would take it.
>
> Take your computer, load it in your plane, climb out to 20k ft and shove it
> out. I guarantee it will end your problem. Short of that, get rid of Windows
> XP.
>
> Bob Reed
> www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
> KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
>
> "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
> pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
> (M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
lower demigods use Windows.

If you must use Windows, use 2000 pro.

Robert Reed, the Gods have seen you. You are a gentleman and you are
a welcome visitor in any of our lands. It is our hope and belief that
you will be successful in your project. We will entreat Apollo and
Mercury, Gods of flight, to protect you as you fly your craft.

Dylan Smith
July 11th 03, 11:57 AM
On 10 Jul 2003 22:02:30 -0700, Kali > wrote:
>Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
>lower demigods use Windows.

And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

Kali
July 11th 03, 04:10 PM
(Dylan Smith) wrote in message >...
> On 10 Jul 2003 22:02:30 -0700, Kali > wrote:
> >Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
> >lower demigods use Windows.
>
> And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)

Lucifer uses CP/M.

Many of the Gods use OpenBSD on secondary machines, several of us
attended the hackathon at Calgary. But few would have understood the
reference.

Morgans
July 11th 03, 04:13 PM
"RobertR237" > wrote in message
> In article >, writes:
>

> >I was just wondering, are the uber hackers still on RAH? I have a
problem
> >with
> >windows XP that nobody's been able to fix.
> >

> I have a good suggestion but I doubt that you would take it.
>
> Take your computer, load it in your plane, climb out to 20k ft and shove
it
> out. I guarantee it will end your problem. Short of that, get rid of
Windows
> XP.
>
> Bob Reed

You must have issues with XP and some of your drivers, or programs, if you
are having problems with it. I am running XP, and I have never had so few
problems as I am having now. A lockup occurs now on the average of only one
or two per month, and that is with it being left on 24/7, mostly.

True, it is Windoz, and I know there are problems, but for the majority of
us who want to run all of the programs out there, and don't have the ability
to fool with something else, XP is the greatest thing MS has ever done.

I'll have to go was my mouth out with soap now. I can't believe I am going
on and on like this! <g>
--
Jim in NC

Model Flyer
July 11th 03, 11:23 PM
om...
wrote:
> > >Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only
mortals and
> > >lower demigods use Windows.
> >
> > And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)
>
> Lucifer uses CP/M.

I used to dos around a bit, however I've never done a cp slash m
anywhere, it's a bit before my time.
--

..
--

Antispam trap in place

> Many of the Gods use OpenBSD on secondary machines, several of us
> attended the hackathon at Calgary. But few would have understood
the
> reference.

Jerry
July 12th 03, 02:37 AM
"Model Flyer" > wrote in message

> "Kali" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (Dylan Smith) wrote in message
> mortals and
> > >
> > > And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)
> >
> > Lucifer uses CP/M.
> >

> I used to dos around a bit, however I've never done a cp slash m
> anywhere, it's a bit before my time.
> --

I got out my old Osborne CP/M machine just this last weekend and fired
it up to see it it would still run and it does. Its been probably 12
years since I run it last.

Jerry

Tim Ward
July 14th 03, 06:01 AM
"Kali" > wrote in message
om...
> (Dylan Smith) wrote in message
> > On 10 Jul 2003 22:02:30 -0700, Kali > wrote:
> > >Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
> > >lower demigods use Windows.
> >
> > And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)
>
> Lucifer uses CP/M.
>
> Many of the Gods use OpenBSD on secondary machines, several of us
> attended the hackathon at Calgary. But few would have understood the
> reference.

This is a canard. Lucifer does not use CP/M. He just wrote the
documentation.

Tim Ward

Bill Higdon
July 14th 03, 08:11 AM
Tim Ward wrote:
> "Kali" > wrote in message
> om...

(Dylan Smith) wrote in message

>>>And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)
>>
>>Lucifer uses CP/M.
>>
>>Many of the Gods use OpenBSD on secondary machines, several of us
>>attended the hackathon at Calgary. But few would have understood the
>>reference.
>

> This is a canard. Lucifer does not use CP/M. He just wrote the
> documentation.
>
> Tim Ward

IIRC One of the C/PM manuals set the long time recodr for bad and usless
documentation.
Bill Higdon

Dillon Pyron
July 14th 03, 02:19 PM
On 11 Jul 2003 08:10:50 -0700, (Kali) wrote:

(Dylan Smith) wrote in message >...
>> On 10 Jul 2003 22:02:30 -0700, Kali > wrote:
>> >Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
>> >lower demigods use Windows.
>>
>> And I suppose you're Lucifer if you use OpenBSD, right? :-)
>
>Lucifer uses CP/M.
>
>Many of the Gods use OpenBSD on secondary machines, several of us
>attended the hackathon at Calgary. But few would have understood the
>reference.

Beastie, at best. :-)

--
dillon

The pen may be mightier than the sword,
but a .sig never beat a SIG

Kelly McArthur
July 14th 03, 05:39 PM
"Morgans" <jisumorgan@charterdotjunkdotnet> wrote in message >...
> "RobertR237" > wrote in message It is a sad
> > statement though that you are happy with XP, even with the one or two
> lockups
> > per month, simply because it is such a drastic improvement over what you
> had.
>
> You are right, but it is by far the best bad game in town.

At Arlington last weekend, I discovered that this popular, high-end
aviation product runs NT on a 233 MHz Pentium:

http://www.upsat.com/mx20_gen.shtml

Note however that the GPS that drives it runs an avionics-certified
RTOS of some sort. Interesting.

C J Campbell
July 14th 03, 05:55 PM
"Kali" > wrote in message
m...

| Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
| lower demigods use Windows.

That is because us mortals use applications instead of operating systems. I
don't give *&(% about the operating system as long as the application does
what I want it to do.

Frederick Wilson
July 14th 03, 10:50 PM
And here I was scared to identify myself as a Linux user (AKA Newbe).

So if you are using Linux, what newsreader do you use?

Fred

Kali wrote:
> (RobertR237) wrote in message >...
>
>>In article >, writes:
>>

>>>I was just wondering, are the uber hackers still on RAH? I have a problem
>>>with
>>>windows XP that nobody's been able to fix.
>>>

>>I have a good suggestion but I doubt that you would take it.
>>
>>Take your computer, load it in your plane, climb out to 20k ft and shove it
>>out. I guarantee it will end your problem. Short of that, get rid of Windows
>>XP.
>>
>>Bob Reed
>>www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.com (KIS Builders Site)
>>KIS Cruiser in progress...Slow but steady progress....
>>
>>"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
>>pull down your pants and Slide on the Ice!"
>>(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)
>

> Robert Reed is correct. The Gods use Linux or OSX. Only mortals and
> lower demigods use Windows.
>
> If you must use Windows, use 2000 pro.
>
> Robert Reed, the Gods have seen you. You are a gentleman and you are
> a welcome visitor in any of our lands. It is our hope and belief that
> you will be successful in your project. We will entreat Apollo and
> Mercury, Gods of flight, to protect you as you fly your craft.

Google