PDA

View Full Version : Skybolt Tail Incidence Question

Scott Rodriguez
November 4th 05, 01:20 PM
My set of Skybolt plans call out a starting horizontal stabilizer incidence
angle of 0.5 degrees to 1.0 degrees, although IIRC, some years ago folks
indicated the actual incidence needed is greater, around 1.5 degrees to 2.0
degrees.

Are there any Skybolt drivers out there that know what their stabilizer
incidence is that could please post?

Thanks!

Scott

hobo
November 20th 05, 07:44 PM
Sorry this is such a late reply to your question, Scott.
I fly a Marquart Charger which has an adjustable hor. stab.. The plane
is about the size and weight of the Skybolt so maybe I can help or at
least put you in the ballpark.
I checked the angle most used on my plane and it consistently runs
about 2 degrees down. It seems to vary about half a degree depending on
loads, fuel and/or passenger weights.
If i had to settle for one permanent position, I would make it one and
one-half to two degrees down. I think the "folks" are right.
Hope this helps.

Warren

Google