PDA

View Full Version : PPL(H) scuppered for now!

Simon Robbins
November 12th 05, 12:38 PM
I know I've been a bit lax with my lesson reports lately. Unfortunately the
devil's ****ed on my cornflakes and I've acquired a rather nasty medical
condition that's going to take some work to get over, not to mention a large
amount of circus training in order to be able to jump through hoops the CAA
are likely to make me do.

So, all being well I'll be back in the air early in the new year. Despite a
perfect day today the weather's also conspiring against me most training
days and I had thought about taking a break for a couple of months to avoid
wasting money hovering under 500' cloud all the time. So, as things go I
guess the timing couldn't be better! (As you can see, I'm trying
desperately to find a "good side"!)

Still, things could be a great deal worse. If all my plans had fell into
place, I'd have given up my job in the summer, sold my house, and moved to
Florida and be at HAI now. As it is I've still got my own bed to lie in, a
good salary with full sickness pay benefits, and friends and family right by
me. If one more person says to me "everything happens for a reason" I might
even start to believe it.

Hmmm.. perhaps all that bed rest is the perfect opportunity to get a
headstart on ATPL studies!!

Cheers,

Si

Google