PDA

View Full Version : Certificate terminated, rebuildable?

Ramset
November 16th 05, 05:02 AM
I may purchase a Valentin Taifun motorglider that landed in the trees.
The insurance company sold it as salvage. I looked up N13BH on the
FAA site and found this.

Certificate Issue Date: None
this because of the accident)
Classification: Experimental
Category: Exhibition
A/W Date 07/02/1985

My questions:
Once repairs are made what is the proccess to satisfy the FAA? Would a
person then apply for a new registration(N number) and and new
airworthiness certificate. Could the new airwothiness certificate read
Experimental/Amateur Built? Is there another group that I should be
posting to?

OtisWinslow
November 21st 05, 04:54 PM
I would check with your local FAA office that would have
to certify it and see what they think before you buy it.

"Ramset" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I may purchase a Valentin Taifun motorglider that landed in the trees.
> The insurance company sold it as salvage. I looked up N13BH on the
> FAA site and found this.
>
> Certificate Issue Date: None
> this because of the accident)
> Classification: Experimental
> Category: Exhibition
> A/W Date 07/02/1985
>
> My questions:
> Once repairs are made what is the proccess to satisfy the FAA? Would a
> person then apply for a new registration(N number) and and new
> airworthiness certificate. Could the new airwothiness certificate read
> Experimental/Amateur Built? Is there another group that I should be
> posting to?

Google