PDA

View Full Version : Fly Baby Model for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ron Wanttaja
November 27th 05, 07:47 PM
For those who like to collect models for Microsoft Flight Simulator, I have
generated a Fly Baby:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/MSFS/index.html

The web page includes some screen shots for those are curious....

Ron Wanttaja

Scott
November 28th 05, 12:41 AM
Are you running FS2002 Pro? If so, how do you generate a plane with the
Editor program that comes with it???

Scott "Would like to add my Junior Ace to FS2002" Littfin
Bloomer, WI

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

> For those who like to collect models for Microsoft Flight Simulator, I have
> generated a Fly Baby:
>
> http://www.bowersflybaby.com/MSFS/index.html
>
> The web page includes some screen shots for those are curious....
>
> Ron Wanttaja

Ron Wanttaja
November 28th 05, 02:00 AM
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:41:01 +0000, Scott > wrote:

> Ron Wanttaja wrote:
>
> > For those who like to collect models for Microsoft Flight Simulator, I have
> > generated a Fly Baby:
> >
> > http://www.bowersflybaby.com/MSFS/index.html
> >
> > The web page includes some screen shots for those are curious....
>
> Are you running FS2002 Pro? If so, how do you generate a plane with the
> Editor program that comes with it???
>
> Scott "Would like to add my Junior Ace to FS2002" Littfin
> Bloomer, WI

I'm running FS2004 standard version, which comes with the GMAX program for
generating the visual models. I looked at GMAX for awhile, but couldn't figure
out how to work with it.

Instead, I bought Abacus Software's "FS Design Studio."

http://www.abacuspub.com/default.html

It comes with a step-by-step tutorial that gets you started, and there are
additional online tutorials that give more detail. GMAX is probably a better
program, but as FSDS is *designed* for generating aircraft, it's probably
quicker to pick up.

Now that I understand the 3-D modeling process, I could probably run GMAX. But
if you're just starting out and aren't planning on generating commercial models,
FSDS is probably a better pick. The trouble is, GMAX is free, while FSDS costs
about $50.

The basic design process is to load a 3-view image of the aircraft into the
editor, generate boxes and tubes to roughly approximate the fuselage and wings,
then edit the boxes and tubes to match the 3-views. This web page does a pretty
good job of explaining the process:

http://www.abacuspub.com/ds/tutorial/FSDSTutorial1.htm

Ron Wanttaja

Scott
November 28th 05, 11:47 AM
Thanks Ron! Yes, I haven't been able to figure out GMAX either...will
look into MSFS.

Scott

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

> I'm running FS2004 standard version, which comes with the GMAX program for
> generating the visual models. I looked at GMAX for awhile, but couldn't figure
> out how to work with it.
>
> Instead, I bought Abacus Software's "FS Design Studio."
>
> http://www.abacuspub.com/default.html
>

> http://www.abacuspub.com/ds/tutorial/FSDSTutorial1.htm
>
> Ron Wanttaja

Google