PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ah, the joys of ANR....

Steve R
November 27th 05, 06:22 PM
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message ...

> I usually fly with my sunglasses on and this particular pair was given
> to me as a gift and are the first "good" sunglasses I've ever had.
> Thus far, I'd not had them on, but clipped on to my kneeboard. I
> pulled them loose and slipped them on. As soon as the earpieces
> slipped under the cups on the headset, the whole world got loud
> again... I guess the gel seals don't seal that tight around my
> glasses... Crap! Once back on the ground, I tried getting the
> headset to fit a bit tighter but to no avail. Guess I'm going
> sunglass shopping in the near future...

Kevin,

I've seen sport sunglasses that use an elastic strap instead of the usual
hard ear pieces. I wonder if something like that might work better in
conjuction with your headset?

Steve R.

Shiver
November 28th 05, 03:44 AM
> The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

> I have GOT to find a cheaper hobby.. heehhe Between this and flying
> radio control helos, I'm going broke!

Get a dog.

Steve R
November 28th 05, 11:12 PM
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message ...
> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:22:06 GMT, "Steve R"
> > wrote:
>

>>I've seen sport sunglasses that use an elastic strap instead of the usual
>>hard ear pieces. I wonder if something like that might work better in
>>conjuction with your headset?
>
> Doesn't sound too appealing to me.. More stuff squeezing my head
> isn't something I'd be willing to put up with.

You're not applying a tourniquet here. ;-) All you need is enough pressure
to hold the glasses to your face. I can't imagine that being enough to even
be noticeable, much less uncomfortable.

Best of luck anyway! :-)

Fly Safe,
Steve R.