PDA

View Full Version : bettsometer fabric tester

DavidH
December 9th 05, 10:17 PM
Greetings group
does anyone have experience with the Bettsometer fabric tester,
\how to use it
how to interpret it results etc?
many thanks
David Hill

Flyer
December 11th 05, 07:24 AM
"DavidH" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Greetings group
> does anyone have experience with the Bettsometer fabric tester,
> \how to use it
> how to interpret it results etc?
> many thanks
> David Hill

Its real easy to use,after all its just a Fish Scale with different
numbers on it.

Basically if the Fabric Rips Then Ya Gotta Go Out And Buy Some More.

http://www.conairsports.co.uk/bettsometer.htm

http://www.usenet.com

Chris
December 12th 05, 11:34 AM
We have just started putting together a list of tensions for the bettsometer
for various fabrics as they are not all the same.
Trike for example have different grade fabrics in different parts of the
wing, requiring different tensions, and there are different tensions again
for fabric aircraft.
On that note, if anyone has any tension figures available I would be really
interested to hear from you.

Cheers
Chris

"DavidH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Greetings group
> does anyone have experience with the Bettsometer fabric tester,
> \how to use it
> how to interpret it results etc?
> many thanks
> David Hill