PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Clipart

RST Engineering
December 19th 05, 11:12 PM
The Ground School is starting in March and I'm ginning up the flyer to post
hither and yon to get the class filled.

I've got some really bad clipart from the old DOS days of single engine
propeller style aircraft. Does anybody have a pointer to some decent
current clipart?

Jim

Wizard of Draws
December 20th 05, 01:53 AM
On 12/19/05 6:12 PM, in article ,
"RST Engineering" > wrote:

> The Ground School is starting in March and I'm ginning up the flyer to post
> hither and yon to get the class filled.
>
> I've got some really bad clipart from the old DOS days of single engine
> propeller style aircraft. Does anybody have a pointer to some decent
> current clipart?
>
> Jim

I may have something you can use. Drop me a line.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Andrew Sarangan
December 20th 05, 03:10 AM
For $15 you can get a large collection at
http://www.airplaneclipart.com/

RST Engineering wrote:
> The Ground School is starting in March and I'm ginning up the flyer to post
> hither and yon to get the class filled.
>
> I've got some really bad clipart from the old DOS days of single engine
> propeller style aircraft. Does anybody have a pointer to some decent
> current clipart?
>
> Jim

RST Engineering
December 20th 05, 03:43 AM
I don't need a large collection, I only need one or two images; Gail and I
are splitting $250 for teaching this sucker for the whole semester. $15 for
an overkill collection isn't what I had in mind.

But thanks anyway.

Jim

"Andrew Sarangan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> For $15 you can get a large collection at
> http://www.airplaneclipart.com/

Jim Macklin
December 20th 05, 06:02 AM
There are a bunch of free clip art, all sorts of subjects,
free on the Microsoft Office downloads center.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
several hundred photos and drawings free, under
Transportation and then search for airplane. 35 pages, 12
per page.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
Live Long and Prosper
Jim Macklin

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
.. .
|I don't need a large collection, I only need one or two
images; Gail and I
| are splitting $250 for teaching this sucker for the whole
semester. $15 for
| an overkill collection isn't what I had in mind.
|
| But thanks anyway.
|
| Jim
|

| "Andrew Sarangan" > wrote in message

oups.com...
| > For $15 you can get a large collection at
| > http://www.airplaneclipart.com/

RST Engineering
December 20th 05, 06:17 AM
In the first place, 99% of those "several hundred photos and drawings" are
helicopters and jet aircraft. In the second place, Microsoft downloads into
inexplicable folders and locations that are not accessable.

Thanks for the help, but doesn't somebody have a simple line drawing of a
Warrior and a 172 that I can use in my ads?

Jim

"Jim Macklin" > wrote in message
> There are a bunch of free clip art,

Jim Macklin
December 20th 05, 06:41 AM
Do you have a scanner? What software do you have, the
Microsoft clip art is accessed with any Microsoft program
such as WORKS, Publisher, WORD or FrontPage. Insert/Clip
art.

FAA publications are free, for public use and they have lots
of pictures you can use, as well as the whole publication,
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/airplane_handbook/

You should be able to capture the data, pictures, you want
from Adobe Reader and paste it into PAINT or some other
graphics program, or print it, scan it and use the scanned
image.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
Live Long and Prosper
Jim Macklin

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
.. .
| In the first place, 99% of those "several hundred photos
and drawings" are
| helicopters and jet aircraft. In the second place,
Microsoft downloads into
| inexplicable folders and locations that are not
accessable.

| Thanks for the help, but doesn't somebody have a simple
line drawing of a
| Warrior and a 172 that I can use in my ads?
|
| Jim
|

| "Jim Macklin" > wrote
in message
| > There are a bunch of free clip art,

December 20th 05, 08:56 AM
>In the first place, 99% of those "several hundred photos and drawings" are
>helicopters and jet aircraft. In the second place, Microsoft downloads into
>inexplicable folders and locations that are not accessable.

Oh, come on... the pictures are saved in one of these two directories,
and are aoened by the clip gallery anyway, so what's the problem?

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Microsoft Clip Organizer
C:\My Documents\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Catalog\Downloaded
Clips

Piero

Tony
December 20th 05, 03:02 PM
If you do a google search for a specific airplane for sale you'll find
some nice photos.

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
December 20th 05, 09:46 PM
..
> Do you have a scanner? What software do you have, the
> Microsoft clip art is accessed with any Microsoft program
> such as WORKS, Publisher, WORD or FrontPage. Insert/Clip
> art.
>
> FAA publications are free, for public use and they have lots
> of pictures you can use, as well as the whole publication,
> http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/airplane_handbook/
>
> You should be able to capture the data, pictures, you want
> from Adobe Reader and paste it into PAINT or some other
> graphics program, or print it, scan it and use the scanned
> image.

Alt PrintScreen is your friend...

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

JohnH
December 21st 05, 06:36 PM
RST Engineering wrote:
> The Ground School is starting in March and I'm ginning up the flyer
> to post hither and yon to get the class filled.
>
> I've got some really bad clipart from the old DOS days of single
> engine propeller style aircraft. Does anybody have a pointer to some
> decent current clipart?
>
> Jim

Try Google Images - a cool resource.

http://images.google.com/images?q=aircraft+clipart&hl=en

Jon Kraus
December 25th 05, 03:32 PM
If he can't even find a downloaded clipart image I doubt he knows the
ALT-Prtscr thing... :-) Sounds like he just wants to complain as folks
offer assistance anyway...

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

> .
> "Jim Macklin" > wrote in message
>
>>Do you have a scanner? What software do you have, the
>>Microsoft clip art is accessed with any Microsoft program
>>such as WORKS, Publisher, WORD or FrontPage. Insert/Clip
>>art.
>>
>>FAA publications are free, for public use and they have lots
>>of pictures you can use, as well as the whole publication,
>>http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/airplane_handbook/
>>
>>You should be able to capture the data, pictures, you want
>>from Adobe Reader and paste it into PAINT or some other
>>graphics program, or print it, scan it and use the scanned
>>image.
>>

> Alt PrintScreen is your friend...
>
> --
> Geoff
> the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
> remove spaces and make the obvious substitutions to reply by mail
> Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader

RST Engineering
December 25th 05, 06:03 PM
He knows full well about the alt-printscreen thing. He also knows about the
page and image capture features of Paintshop Pro. He also knows that trying
to convert a PHOTO to a poster grayscale image that isn't all muddy is well
nigh impossible. All he is trying to do is get a black-white rendition of a
light aircraft. THe task is not as trivial as you might think.

Jim

"Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
> If he can't even find a downloaded clipart image I doubt he knows the
> ALT-Prtscr thing... :-) Sounds like he just wants to complain as folks
> offer assistance anyway...
>

> Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
>
>> .
>> "Jim Macklin" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Do you have a scanner? What software do you have, the
>>>Microsoft clip art is accessed with any Microsoft program
>>>such as WORKS, Publisher, WORD or FrontPage. Insert/Clip
>>>art.
>>>
>>>FAA publications are free, for public use and they have lots
>>>of pictures you can use, as well as the whole publication,
>>>http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/airplane_handbook/
>>>
>>>You should be able to capture the data, pictures, you want
>>>from Adobe Reader and paste it into PAINT or some other
>>>graphics program, or print it, scan it and use the scanned
>>>image.
>>>

>> Alt PrintScreen is your friend...
>>
>> --
>> Geoff
>> the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
>> remove spaces and make the obvious substitutions to reply by mail
>> Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader

Jon Kraus
December 25th 05, 10:01 PM
I just emailed you some clipart pics.

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ TYQ

RST Engineering wrote:

> He knows full well about the alt-printscreen thing. He also knows about the
> page and image capture features of Paintshop Pro. He also knows that trying
> to convert a PHOTO to a poster grayscale image that isn't all muddy is well
> nigh impossible. All he is trying to do is get a black-white rendition of a
> light aircraft. THe task is not as trivial as you might think.
>
> Jim
>

> "Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
>
>>If he can't even find a downloaded clipart image I doubt he knows the
>>ALT-Prtscr thing... :-) Sounds like he just wants to complain as folks
>>offer assistance anyway...
>>

>>Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
>>

>>>.
>>>"Jim Macklin" > wrote in message

>>>Alt PrintScreen is your friend...
>>>
>>>--
>>>Geoff
>>>the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
>>>remove spaces and make the obvious substitutions to reply by mail
>>>Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader

RST Engineering
December 26th 05, 02:07 AM
Thank you, sir.

Jim

"Jon Kraus" > wrote in message
m...
>I just emailed you some clipart pics.
>
> Jon Kraus
> '79 Mooney 201
> 4443H @ TYQ
>
> RST Engineering wrote:
>
>> He knows full well about the alt-printscreen thing.

Sport Pilot
December 27th 05, 06:35 PM
If you type "AIRPLANE" in the search field I know you will find what
you are looking for. It tells you where the clipart is downloaded, it
is just the standard clipart directory, so what is the problem? Still
working with a DOS computer? Or maybe a DOS mind?

RST Engineering
December 27th 05, 09:28 PM
I don't know what the hell your problem is, bozo, but if you are talking to
me, your answer makes absolutely no sense at all.

Jim

"Sport Pilot" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> If you type "AIRPLANE" in the search field I know you will find what
> you are looking for. It tells you where the clipart is downloaded, it
> is just the standard clipart directory, so what is the problem? Still
> working with a DOS computer? Or maybe a DOS mind?

Sport Pilot
December 28th 05, 12:57 PM
RST Engineering wrote:
> I don't know what the hell your problem is, bozo, but if you are talking to
> me, your answer makes absolutely no sense at all.
>
> Jim
>

> "Sport Pilot" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > If you type "AIRPLANE" in the search field I know you will find what
> > you are looking for. It tells you where the clipart is downloaded, it
> > is just the standard clipart directory, so what is the problem? Still
> > working with a DOS computer? Or maybe a DOS mind?

I don't have the problem. You were the one who wanted clipart, did not
know how to download it. Then complain about the usefull tips.

Google