PDA

View Full Version : in flight intertainment systems

December 20th 05, 04:01 PM
We are building an RV-10 and was looking at installing an auto-based
intertainment system from J.C. Whitney. An entire system with DVD, CD,
and MP3 player and 2 monitors ( one up frount and one for rear seats )
can be had for well under 1000.00 while the aviation calliber system
cost nearly 10,000.00. We intentionaly left out the am/fm and TV tuner
as I understand these have the most probability of interfering with the
other avionics??? Hope someone can shed some light on this endever for
us.

December 21st 05, 11:37 PM
You might consider the PAV80, at a list of $3000, it's a very versatile
and multitasking IFE. It includes AM/FM/DVD/MP3/CD/PM3Pro/Antenna/5.6
inch display/Remote control and is approved for aviation use.

You can see it at www.ps-engineering.com/pav80.shtml

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.

wrote:
> We are building an RV-10 and was looking at installing an auto-based
> intertainment system from J.C. Whitney. An entire system with DVD, CD,
> and MP3 player and 2 monitors ( one up frount and one for rear seats )
> can be had for well under 1000.00 while the aviation calliber system
> cost nearly 10,000.00. We intentionaly left out the am/fm and TV tuner
> as I understand these have the most probability of interfering with the
> other avionics??? Hope someone can shed some light on this endever for
> us.

AINut
December 23rd 05, 05:25 AM
While I only know of the street mapping variety, there are now some
products that include a GPS with the complete entertainment systems.
The prices I've seen are under $1k, but that is with just one screen.
Might as well get GPS capability added in for the same money!

David M.

wrote:
> We are building an RV-10 and was looking at installing an auto-based
> intertainment system from J.C. Whitney. An entire system with DVD, CD,
> and MP3 player and 2 monitors ( one up frount and one for rear seats )
> can be had for well under 1000.00 while the aviation calliber system
> cost nearly 10,000.00. We intentionaly left out the am/fm and TV tuner
> as I understand these have the most probability of interfering with the
> other avionics??? Hope someone can shed some light on this endever for
> us.

Google