PDA

View Full Version : Crash investigators find crack in plane's wing

Marc CYBW
December 21st 05, 03:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/21/miami.crash/index.html

--
M. Lattoni
Calgary, Canada

Orval Fairbairn
December 21st 05, 04:01 PM
In article <78eqf.13655$wg4.10750@edtnps84>,
"Marc CYBW" > wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/21/miami.crash/index.html

In the website picture, captioned,"A crane raises the mangled fuselage
Wednesday morning.", it is clearly a picture of the severed wing, NOT
the fuselage!

--
Remve "_" from email to reply to me personally.

John
December 21st 05, 06:06 PM
Yeah . . . normally looking at the picture, I would have thought, and
agreed with you, that what you see in the picture was a wing. But the
Mallard main landing gear is mounted on a short strut that hinges from
the sides of the fuselage and if you look at the top of the debris it
seems you see a main landing gear tire. It could be the angle or just
the degree of damage, but from the angle that the photo was taken, I am
not sure what part of plane I am looking at.

My prayers for the families of those lost.

Blue skies and Merry Christmas to you all.

John

Steven P. McNicoll
December 21st 05, 08:16 PM
"John" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Yeah . . . normally looking at the picture, I would have thought, and
> agreed with you, that what you see in the picture was a wing. But the
> Mallard main landing gear is mounted on a short strut that hinges from
> the sides of the fuselage and if you look at the top of the debris it
> seems you see a main landing gear tire. It could be the angle or just
> the degree of damage, but from the angle that the photo was taken, I am
> not sure what part of plane I am looking at.

The Mallard MLG mounts at the fuselage and the wing.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DF2195C

Darkwing
December 22nd 05, 05:59 AM
"Marc CYBW" > wrote in message
> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/21/miami.crash/index.html
>
> --
> M. Lattoni
> Calgary, Canada

Seen video of the wing flying off and the plane going out of control. I
think they will find metal fatigue or something similar to be the problem.
So sad, really neat plane, Christmas shoppers heading to Bimini, tragic.

DW

Google