PDA

View Full Version : Port Orchard (4WA9)

Rich S.
July 13th 03, 05:01 PM
I found out yesterday that Port Orchard airport (4WA9) will temporarily
close tomorrow, July 14, for two weeks or so. The owners are ripping out the
existing blacktop and going to repave. The taxiway was taken out Friday.

It's the "or so" that bothers me. I can only hope the project is completed
per schedule. The owner has also given no notice to the tenants this was
about to happen. I guess I can use the down time for maintenance and, if I
have to, pull the wings and trailer it out. I wish they had done this in
January, but I guess that's not the best time to lay asphalt.

Rich S.

Fitzair4
July 13th 03, 07:22 PM
Is you airport manger, Mayer Richard Daley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C J Campbell
July 13th 03, 08:39 PM
The runway and taxiway were in poor shape, at that. I wish the owner would
sell the place to someone who would take better care of it.

C J Campbell
July 13th 03, 09:54 PM
"Rich S." > wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" > wrote in message
| > The runway and taxiway were in poor shape, at that. I wish the owner
would
| > sell the place to someone who would take better care of it.
|

| She (the owner) in putting in a light industrial park at the NE end of the
| property and says that she plans to keep the airport open as an adjunct to
| the park.

Is this a new owner, then? IIRC the owner was a dentist or something like
that who wanted to close the airport and turn the whole thing into an
industrial park.

Rich S.
July 13th 03, 10:15 PM
"C J Campbell" > wrote in message

> Is this a new owner, then? IIRC the owner was a dentist or something like
> that who wanted to close the airport and turn the whole thing into an
> industrial park.

No, as far as I know the property has been in the same family for 20 years
or more.

Development is restricted by the lack of sewers and the hard ground.

Rich

Google