PDA

View Full Version : T88

Adair
July 13th 03, 06:23 PM
So can one use T88 to glue bell cranks to spars on flaps?

Orval Fairbairn
July 13th 03, 07:09 PM
In article >,
"Rich S." > wrote:

> "Adair" > wrote in message
> > So can one use T88 to glue bell cranks to spars on flaps?
>
> No. I am assuming the spar is wood and the "bell crank" is aluminum. T88
> will not structurally bond to aluminum IMHO. The loss of control of both
> flaps at once may not be dire, but to lose one of them could precipitate a
> non-recoverable roll.
>
> Bolt 'em on with big washers to spread the load.
>
> Rich S.

Yes, you can, but they will probably debond the first time you deploy
the flaps. That is one area that extra strength is critical.

--
To get random signatures put text files into a folder called ³Random Signatures² into your Preferences folder.

Google