PDA

View Full Version : Garmin user waypoints

Jim Macklin
January 2nd 06, 07:58 PM
I was looking and found this Garmin page
http://www.garmin.com/support/commProtocol.html
It seems to be the start of the answer to the question
previously asked about transferring waypoints.

FAQs
Updates & Downloads
Manuals
Product Registration
Device Interface SDK
Warranty
Out-of-Warranty

Device Interface SDK

For advanced users desiring to develop their own
custom software applications for communicating with GarminŽ
GPS products, this document describes the communication
protocols required for transferring data including
waypoints, routes, and track logs to and from Garmin GPS
products via RS-232 or USB.

License Agreement

Warning: This documentation is provided on an
"as is" basis without warranty of any kind -- either
expressed or implied -- including, without limitation, any
implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.

The information contained within this
documentation is subject to change without notice.

In addition, no developer support will be
provided by Garmin concerning the information contained
within the documentation or implementation of this
information within your software application.

Download the Garmin Device Interface SDK

Download the Garmin Simple Text Output
Format

TOP Copyright 1996-2005 Garmin Ltd. or its
subsidiaries
Privacy Statement/Terms of Use

Red Baron
January 5th 06, 06:12 PM
Jim Macklin wrote:
> I was looking and found this Garmin page
> http://www.garmin.com/support/commProtocol.html
> It seems to be the start of the answer to the question
> previously asked about transferring waypoints.

As far as I know, that is the protocol for handhelds, and I successfully
usd it since it was undocumented. For the panel mount units, this
protocol is unusable and the correct one seems undocumented.

Google