PDA

View Full Version : ID this video, please

Jay Honeck
January 3rd 06, 04:35 PM
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/Bigballs-Under_Bridge.mpeg

I'm receiving conflicting reports on where/when/who this aerobatic
performance took place. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Peter Duniho
January 3rd 06, 08:04 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/Bigballs-Under_Bridge.mpeg
>
> I'm receiving conflicting reports on where/when/who this aerobatic
> performance took place. Does anyone know for sure?

I can't say for sure, but it looks a heck of a lot like the first Red Bull
"air race", which if I recall was held somewhere in Europe (yeah, I
know...doesn't narrow it down much).

The "when" would have been a couple of years ago, if I recall correctly. A
Google search on Red Bull would probably turn up the exact date (possibly on
the Red Bull web site, even).

Pete

January 3rd 06, 08:07 PM
http://www.jkairys.com/index2.htm

regards
wolfgang, loww, vie

*** WIEN_SCHWECHAT VIE/LOWW
SALOWW 031950Z 33013KT 9999 FEW017 BKN043 BKN080 02/00 Q1025 NOSIG
8819//95=

January 3rd 06, 08:10 PM
http://www.redbull.com/
see SPORTS and then AIRBORNE

regards
wolfgang, loww, vie

Peter Duniho
January 3rd 06, 08:45 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.jkairys.com/index2.htm
>
> regards
> wolfgang, loww, vie

What he meant to write was "the video is of Jurgis Kairys, of his flight
under a bridge in Kaunas, Lithuania, in 2001".

wolfgang k.
January 4th 06, 09:45 AM
> What he meant to write was "the video is of Jurgis Kairys, of his flight
> under a bridge in Kaunas, Lithuania, in 2001".

thanks for the translation ;-))

regards from loww, vie, austria
wolfgang

Denny
January 4th 06, 12:07 PM
Somehow I suspect that the Lithuanian "FAA" had not been contacted for
permission before the flight...
Maybe the two inspectors who grounded Hoover could be sent over there
to declare that this pilot's skill levels are too poor to allow
flight...
denny

Jay Honeck
January 4th 06, 01:02 PM
Thanks, all, for the info. I've added it to the site.

(Which, incidentally, I've refurbished a bit. This little page on our
hotel's site has *really* taken off, with new videos coming in almost every
day. I finally got so danged many that I had to categorize them. I've also
added more links to NTSB reports, etc. See all of the videos -- and sound
files -- at http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm )
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Denny" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Somehow I suspect that the Lithuanian "FAA" had not been contacted for
> permission before the flight...
> Maybe the two inspectors who grounded Hoover could be sent over there
> to declare that this pilot's skill levels are too poor to allow
> flight...
> denny

George Patterson
January 4th 06, 05:13 PM
Denny wrote:

> Somehow I suspect that the Lithuanian "FAA" had not been contacted for
> permission before the flight...

Judging from the large group of spectators lining the river, I suspect that the
stunt was not only approved but was widely publicized in advance.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

Peter Duniho
January 4th 06, 06:37 PM
"George Patterson" > wrote in message
> Judging from the large group of spectators lining the river, I suspect
> that
> the stunt was not only approved but was widely publicized in advance.

Nah...the pilot chose the annual Festival of Pooh Sticks (not limited to
Lithuania, but quite popular there). All those people were lined up on the
river and bridge to toss their sticks in, and were quite surprised by the
impromptu airshow.

Eeyore was overheard saying, "oh, he'll probably crash the airplane; at
least we will be able to get back to our game".

Google