PDA

View Full Version : DAR services required

Juan Jimenez
January 14th 06, 08:00 AM
I need a DAR with experimental/exhibition airworthiness privileges for a
Bede BD-5J Microjet. Aircraft completed, initial condition inspection done
by A&P/IA and signed off on logbooks, all the other paperwork is done
including maintenance plan based on FAA approved plan, program letter,
flight test plan, etc. Travel required to Puerto Rico, USA (there are no
DAR's here and dealing with the local FSDO is like trying to pull teeth),
prefer someone in the southeast US or airline privileges. Email with contact
info and quote for services. I will provide travel, lodging and meals.

email bd5 at
bd5 dot com

john smith
January 14th 06, 05:56 PM
In article >,
"Juan Jimenez" > wrote:

> I need a DAR with experimental/exhibition airworthiness privileges for a
> Bede BD-5J Microjet. Aircraft completed, initial condition inspection done
> by A&P/IA and signed off on logbooks, all the other paperwork is done
> including maintenance plan based on FAA approved plan, program letter,
> flight test plan, etc. Travel required to Puerto Rico, USA (there are no
> DAR's here and dealing with the local FSDO is like trying to pull teeth),
> prefer someone in the southeast US or airline privileges. Email with contact
> info and quote for services. I will provide travel, lodging and meals.

Juan, which airport are you going to be doing your test flights out of?

Juan Jimenez
January 14th 06, 09:17 PM
BQN, the former SAC base on the northwest corner of the island in the town
of Aguadilla. 11,000 ft long runway, 100 ft wide, in a clear area of land.
There are issues I have to work out with security, access, etc., because
it's now an international port of entry airport with scheduled (but light)
commercial service, but it's really the only suitable (and smart) place to
do this kind of testing on this island.

"john smith" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Juan Jimenez" > wrote:
>
>> I need a DAR with experimental/exhibition airworthiness privileges for a
>> Bede BD-5J Microjet. Aircraft completed, initial condition inspection
>> done
>> by A&P/IA and signed off on logbooks, all the other paperwork is done
>> including maintenance plan based on FAA approved plan, program letter,
>> flight test plan, etc. Travel required to Puerto Rico, USA (there are no
>> DAR's here and dealing with the local FSDO is like trying to pull teeth),
>> prefer someone in the southeast US or airline privileges. Email with
>> contact
>> info and quote for services. I will provide travel, lodging and meals.
>
> Juan, which airport are you going to be doing your test flights out of?

john smith
January 15th 06, 03:14 AM
In article >,
"Juan Jimenez" > wrote:

> BQN, the former SAC base on the northwest corner of the island in the town
> of Aguadilla. 11,000 ft long runway, 100 ft wide, in a clear area of land.
> There are issues I have to work out with security, access, etc., because
> it's now an international port of entry airport with scheduled (but light)
> commercial service, but it's really the only suitable (and smart) place to
> do this kind of testing on this island.

I am familiar with it.
My wife and I always enjoyed visiting the western part of the island
when we lived in San Juan. It seemed to be more family friendly.

Juan Jimenez
January 23rd 06, 05:28 PM
"john smith" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Juan Jimenez" > wrote:
>
>> BQN, the former SAC base on the northwest corner of the island in the
>> town
>> of Aguadilla. 11,000 ft long runway, 100 ft wide, in a clear area of
>> land.
>> There are issues I have to work out with security, access, etc., because
>> it's now an international port of entry airport with scheduled (but
>> light)
>> commercial service, but it's really the only suitable (and smart) place
>> do this kind of testing on this island.
>
> I am familiar with it.
> My wife and I always enjoyed visiting the western part of the island
> when we lived in San Juan. It seemed to be more family friendly.

Anything outside San Juan is more family friendly. It's like a planet within
a planet. Unfortunately for me, the kind of work I do is centered around
large corporations and the banking industry in San Juan, so I can't live
outside San Juan unless I want to put myself through some pretty sh*tty
commutes. :(

Google