PDA

View Full Version : Gas

LJ
January 21st 06, 01:48 AM
How well does auto gas mix with 100LL?
LJ

Ron Wanttaja
January 21st 06, 01:56 AM
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:48:31 -0700, LJ > wrote:

> How well does auto gas mix with 100LL?

I've had no problem with it. I've done a fill with 100LL every ~4 fill-ups to
keep up the lead levels. This time of year, I run 100% 100LL because of
stability. Never had a problem with mixing the fuels.

Ron Wanttaja

LJ
January 21st 06, 02:50 AM
Thank Ron!
I have the Rotax,But have been using 100LL.Thanks Again!
LJ

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:48:31 -0700, LJ > wrote:
>

>>How well does auto gas mix with 100LL?
>

> I've had no problem with it. I've done a fill with 100LL every ~4 fill-ups to
> keep up the lead levels. This time of year, I run 100% 100LL because of
> stability. Never had a problem with mixing the fuels.
>
> Ron Wanttaja

January 21st 06, 03:55 AM
LJ,

How many hours do you have on your Rotax? I've heard that running
100LL requires more frequent oil, filter, and spark plug changes. What
is your experience? So far, I've been avoiding avgas, and have managed
to run mine 120 hours on mogas exclusively.
tom

Ron Wanttaja
January 21st 06, 05:55 AM
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:50:56 -0700, LJ > wrote:

> Ron Wanttaja wrote:
> >
> > >How well does auto gas mix with 100LL?
> >
> > I've had no problem with it. I've done a fill with 100LL every ~4 fill-ups to
> > keep up the lead levels. This time of year, I run 100% 100LL because of
> > stability. Never had a problem with mixing the fuels.
> >
> > Ron Wanttaja
>
> Thank Ron!
> I have the Rotax,But have been using 100LL.Thanks Again!

Ummm, my experience on a Continental only, so I'm not sure how it relates to the
Rotax. I don't believe the fuel chemistry is adversely affected, but it does
mean you've got leaded fuel. If the Rotax can stand lead, you're probably OK.

Ron Wanttaja

LJ
January 22nd 06, 01:05 AM
about 150hr,I changed plugs at 100hr.they were leaded up but were firing
ok.On the oil part of lead,I havn't had the same problem.Maybe-becaues
I changed oil more often.(My plane is one of the Caldwell,Id builders group.

wrote:
> LJ,
>
> How many hours do you have on your Rotax? I've heard that running
> 100LL requires more frequent oil, filter, and spark plug changes. What
> is your experience? So far, I've been avoiding avgas, and have managed
> to run mine 120 hours on mogas exclusively.
> tom

Google