PDA

View Full Version : Find the roof-top logos

john smith
January 24th 06, 03:00 AM
From AVweb.com, 23 January 2006...

Companies are getting their messages out via satellite thanks to Google
Maps by painting their logos on rooftops. At least one Target store has
already emblazoned its familiar bull's-eye on the roof for a
seen-from-space (or aircraft) ad...

Flyingmonk
January 24th 06, 03:17 AM
Well, my roofs' spaces are for rent if anyone's interested. Hehehe...

The Monk

John Clear
January 24th 06, 08:02 AM
In article >,
john smith > wrote:
>From AVweb.com, 23 January 2006...
>
>Companies are getting their messages out via satellite thanks to Google
>Maps by painting their logos on rooftops. At least one Target store has
>already emblazoned its familiar bull's-eye on the roof for a
>seen-from-space (or aircraft) ad...

Excite@Home[1] has their logo on top of their old corporate HQ.
Unfortunately, they've been out of business for a few years....
Their buildings have been empty since then. I guess if they are
ever rented again, the new company will either have to change their
name, or repaint the roof...

Watch the line wrap:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=menlo+park,ca&ll=37.486092,-122.202416&spn=0.001656,0.003691&t=h

Shorter version:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V4242258C

John
[1] The company that started internet over cable
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Paul Tomblin
January 24th 06, 01:32 PM
In a previous article, john smith > said:
>From AVweb.com, 23 January 2006...
>
>Companies are getting their messages out via satellite thanks to Google
>Maps by painting their logos on rooftops. At least one Target store has
>already emblazoned its familiar bull's-eye on the roof for a
>seen-from-space (or aircraft) ad...

I was thinking of painting "(c) Google" on my roof.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Last I checked, it wasn't the power cord for the Clue Generator

Chris G.
January 24th 06, 03:25 PM
ROTFLOL!

Paul Tomblin wrote:
> In a previous article, john smith > said:
>>From AVweb.com, 23 January 2006...
>> Companies are getting their messages out via satellite thanks to Google
>> Maps by painting their logos on rooftops. At least one Target store has
>> already emblazoned its familiar bull's-eye on the roof for a
>> seen-from-space (or aircraft) ad...
>
> I was thinking of painting "(c) Google" on my roof.

Dave
January 24th 06, 08:13 PM
Paul Tomblin wrote:

> I was thinking of painting "(c) Google" on my roof.

"If you can read this, you're too damn close"

~D

Google