PDA

View Full Version : Daley whining (again) for his ADIZ

Paul kgyy
February 10th 06, 03:26 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html

I hate to admit that I live here.

Darkwing
February 10th 06, 06:05 PM
"Paul kgyy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>
> I hate to admit that I live here.

King Daley.

---------------------------------------
DW

Steve Foley
February 10th 06, 06:14 PM
"To Daley, it underscores another claim: that Chicago desperately needs a
no-fly zone, especially over the downtown area, similar to the one in place
at Disneyland, Disney World, New York City and Washington."

I KNOW they're wrong about NYC. Does Disney have anything?

"Paul kgyy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>
> I hate to admit that I live here.

Yossarian
February 10th 06, 06:45 PM
Disneyland has a permanent TFR up to 3000' AGL.

Steve Foley wrote:
> "To Daley, it underscores another claim: that Chicago desperately needs a
> no-fly zone, especially over the downtown area, similar to the one in place
> at Disneyland, Disney World, New York City and Washington."
>
> I KNOW they're wrong about NYC. Does Disney have anything?
>

> "Paul kgyy" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
> >
> > I hate to admit that I live here.

Blanche
February 10th 06, 07:07 PM
Darkwing <theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Paul kgyy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>>
>> I hate to admit that I live here.
>
>King Daley.

I think Daley forgets that most people would rather NOT go to
Chicago. 'Specially in the winter!

February 10th 06, 08:10 PM
Steve Foley wrote:
> "To Daley, it underscores another claim: that Chicago desperately needs a
> no-fly zone, especially over the downtown area, similar to the one in place
> at Disneyland, Disney World, New York City and Washington."
>
> I KNOW they're wrong about NYC. Does Disney have anything?

Yes. Disneyworld has a 3NM radius TFR to 3000 feet AGL that has been in
place since shortly after 9/11/01. I fly out of KORL and did some of my
practice flying into KISM so I learned early to skirt the Class Bravo
from Orlando International and slip between it and the TFR over Disney.

John Stevens
Solo Student, ~47 hours
Checkride _soon_

Steven P. McNicoll
February 10th 06, 08:20 PM
"Yossarian" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Disneyland has a permanent TFR up to 3000' AGL.

And thus another oxymoron was born.

Rachel
February 10th 06, 10:48 PM
Paul kgyy wrote:
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>
> I hate to admit that I live here.

I never lived in the city itself, but Daley is one of the reasons I left
Chicagoland. As silly as it seems, every time he did something
stupid, my blood pressure went up. Too much bs for a libertarian to
want to deal with.

Dave Stadt
February 10th 06, 11:02 PM
"Rachel" > wrote in message
> Paul kgyy wrote:
>> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>>
>> I hate to admit that I live here.
>
> I never lived in the city itself, but Daley is one of the reasons I left
> Chicagoland. As silly as it seems, every time he did something stupid, my
> blood pressure went up. Too much bs for a libertarian to want to deal
> with.

He has become very easy to ignore, actually he is kind of a One Stooge
comedy act. With all his buddies being indicted lately he has been pretty
quiet. His number two man got to visit the judge and resigned last week as
a result.

Rachel
February 11th 06, 12:53 AM
Dave Stadt wrote:
> "Rachel" > wrote in message
>
>>Paul kgyy wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>>>
>>>I hate to admit that I live here.
>>
>>I never lived in the city itself, but Daley is one of the reasons I left
>>Chicagoland. As silly as it seems, every time he did something stupid, my
>>blood pressure went up. Too much bs for a libertarian to want to deal
>>with.
>

> He has become very easy to ignore, actually he is kind of a One Stooge
> comedy act. With all his buddies being indicted lately he has been pretty
> quiet. His number two man got to visit the judge and resigned last week as
> a result.

Yeah, but as long as people continue to elect him, he's going to stick
around.

NW_PILOT
February 11th 06, 04:29 AM
"Paul kgyy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>
> I hate to admit that I live here.

Someone or organization needs to take that guy out ASAP!

February 11th 06, 10:21 PM
wrote:
> Tell Daley he can HAVE his no-fly zone. But that it has to include
> Midway and O'Hare, since they are in or very close to Chicago as well.
> And only very big planes have been used to take out buildings, and
> little planes have been shown to be ineffective for that purpose.
> Hizdishoner's an idiot; he vandalized to oblivion the best GA airport
> Chicago could ever have.

This is the gratitude for receiving a helipad, get your V-22 license
today!

JG

February 11th 06, 10:24 PM
Say wha? Is there a helipad somewhere? Did Daley put one in? Can
someone else use it? What the heck are you talking about? I'm kinda
curious.....

February 14th 06, 09:06 PM
wrote:
> Say wha? Is there a helipad somewhere? Did Daley put one in? Can
> someone else use it? What the heck are you talking about? I'm kinda
> curious.....

"The city's acting aviation commissioner says Chicago wants to put a
helipad on a slab of concrete adjacent to the marine safety station
north of Navy Pier. It would give the police and fire department
helicopters, located in a hangar along the lakefront at 95th street,
easy access to the downtown area in case of emergencies.

But companies like Boeing, with corporate choppers, will be able to
drop off and pick up executives under a financial arrangement that will
help the city defray the cost of the helipad and possibly enhance the
city's business climate.
City officials say the private helicopters will be closely monitored,
so they won't pose a security risk.
"All pilots have to file a flight plan, follow rules from TSA, get
pre-approval," Harney said.
Business choppers may have to jump through a lot of hoops. But there's
no control tower in the downtown area to monitor their movement, which
seems to fly in the face of Mayor Daley's fears about airborne
terrorists. But the mayor was not talking about the issue Friday.
As for the helipad, the estimated cost is less than $100,000, and it
still needs a variety of regulatory approvals before it becomes a
reality, perhaps as early as this spring."

You're getting a 40' x 40' pad...JG
Courtesy of Mr. Trump

February 14th 06, 09:25 PM
I hate to sound cynical, but it sounds to me like hizzoner wants to be
able to land in a helicopter near downtown, and for his well-heeled
friends. IMO, It has nothing to do with security.

February 14th 06, 11:02 PM
wrote:
> I hate to sound cynical, but it sounds to me like hizzoner wants to be
> able to land in a helicopter near downtown, and for his well-heeled
> friends. IMO, It has nothing to do with security.

NW memorial hospital is nearby, the pad has to be attractive for their
clientele.
The pilots of the well-heeled better be well-prepared, the nearest fire
station is 3 minutes
away on Columbus Drive. (In a real emergency, Colum. Dr. could be
closed off and used
for mulitple landing sites in Grant Park; remove the traffic signal
masts and planes could
land too...JG)

Travis Marlatte
February 15th 06, 02:36 PM
All that is to have an FAA sanctioned, published helipad. As far as I know,
there is nothing stopping the city from putting in a slab of concrete and
allowing helicopter operations with no FAA approval. I hadn't heard the "All
pilots have to file a flight plan, follow rules from TSA, get pre-approval"
comment. Obviously, this would not be true unless they also got a TFR that
covered the same area.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> wrote:
>> Say wha? Is there a helipad somewhere? Did Daley put one in? Can
>> someone else use it? What the heck are you talking about? I'm kinda
>> curious.....
>
> "The city's acting aviation commissioner says Chicago wants to put a
> helipad on a slab of concrete adjacent to the marine safety station
> north of Navy Pier. It would give the police and fire department
> helicopters, located in a hangar along the lakefront at 95th street,
> easy access to the downtown area in case of emergencies.
>
> But companies like Boeing, with corporate choppers, will be able to
> drop off and pick up executives under a financial arrangement that will
> help the city defray the cost of the helipad and possibly enhance the
> city's business climate.
> City officials say the private helicopters will be closely monitored,
> so they won't pose a security risk.
> "All pilots have to file a flight plan, follow rules from TSA, get
> pre-approval," Harney said.
> Business choppers may have to jump through a lot of hoops. But there's
> no control tower in the downtown area to monitor their movement, which
> seems to fly in the face of Mayor Daley's fears about airborne
> terrorists. But the mayor was not talking about the issue Friday.
> As for the helipad, the estimated cost is less than $100,000, and it
> still needs a variety of regulatory approvals before it becomes a
> reality, perhaps as early as this spring."
>
> You're getting a 40' x 40' pad...JG
> Courtesy of Mr. Trump

cjcampbell
February 16th 06, 01:46 AM
Paul kgyy wrote:
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daley10.html
>
> I hate to admit that I live here.

Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
Scabs will have to be dealt with in the usual manner. I see no real
alternative.

Jose
February 16th 06, 02:20 AM
> Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
> will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.

Isn't that what they want?

The only way this could possibly work is if AIRLINE pilots refused to go
to any of the cities so restricted. When the airlines can't fly there,
people will notice.

Jose

February 16th 06, 02:33 AM
Jose wrote:
>> Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
>> will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
>Isn't that what they want?

He did say "any kind of aircraft".
Won't happen. Didn't Boeing just move its headquarters into that area,
or is my memory in need of a reset?

Steven P. McNicoll
February 16th 06, 03:14 AM
"Jose" > wrote in message
. com...

>> Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
>> will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
>>

> Isn't that what they want?
>
> The only way this could possibly work is if AIRLINE pilots refused to go
> to any of the cities so restricted. When the airlines can't fly there,
> people will notice.

"No pilot flying any kind of aircraft" would seem to include "AIRLINE
pilots".

Rachel
February 16th 06, 03:32 AM
wrote:
> Jose wrote:
>
>>>Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
>>>will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
>>
>>Isn't that what they want?
>

> He did say "any kind of aircraft".
> Won't happen. Didn't Boeing just move its headquarters into that area,
> or is my memory in need of a reset?

Apparently they got a deal on the taxes. They'll leave in 20 years when
the grace period is up and they find out what Chicago REALLY thinks of
big business.

Orval Fairbairn
February 16th 06, 04:41 AM
In article . net>,
"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote:

> "Jose" > wrote in message
> . com...
> >>
> >> Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
> >> will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
> >>

> > Isn't that what they want?
> >
> > The only way this could possibly work is if AIRLINE pilots refused to go
> > to any of the cities so restricted. When the airlines can't fly there,
> > people will notice.
> >

> "No pilot flying any kind of aircraft" would seem to include "AIRLINE
> pilots".

What Chicago needs:

1. a Bozo-free zone (no Daleys allowed)

2. What we downstaters always told the Chigagoans: another fire.

cjcampbell
February 16th 06, 09:05 AM
Jose wrote:
> > Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any kind of aircraft
> > will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they are removed.
>
> Isn't that what they want?
>
> The only way this could possibly work is if AIRLINE pilots refused to go
> to any of the cities so restricted. When the airlines can't fly there,
> people will notice.

I said ALL pilots, including airline pilots. As I said, scabs will have
to be dealt with.

Jim Macklin
February 16th 06, 12:02 PM
The airline pilots wanted top be armed on Sept. 12, 2001.
Congress finally passed a law, but the TSA has dragged its
feet and only a handful are armed.
Why didn't the pilots just refuse to fly on Sept. 20 unless
they were armed. The answer, they are more afraid of the
government and the news media than they are of the
terrorists. The union, toothless, they only strike for more
money, not armed pilots and crews, not the rights of
citizens.
Government response...if pilots were armed, somebody on the
plane might get hurt, if the plane is hijacked we will shoot
it down with a missile from an F16 and kill them all.

some support

"cjcampbell" > wrote in
message
oups.com...

| Jose wrote:
| > > Eventually we will have to strike. No pilot flying any
kind of aircraft
| > > will fly into or out of one of these ADIZs until they
are removed.

| > Isn't that what they want?
| >
| > The only way this could possibly work is if AIRLINE
pilots refused to go
| > to any of the cities so restricted. When the airlines
can't fly there,
| > people will notice.
|
| I said ALL pilots, including airline pilots. As I said,
scabs will have
| to be dealt with.

cjcampbell
February 17th 06, 01:52 AM
Jim Macklin wrote:
> The airline pilots wanted top be armed on Sept. 12, 2001.
> Congress finally passed a law, but the TSA has dragged its
> feet and only a handful are armed.
> Why didn't the pilots just refuse to fly on Sept. 20 unless
> they were armed. The answer, they are more afraid of the
> government and the news media than they are of the
> terrorists. The union, toothless, they only strike for more
> money, not armed pilots and crews, not the rights of
> citizens.

Then it is time to start teaching airline pilots that it is
unreasonable to have government and media that must be feared.

Google