PDA

View Full Version : Running slow

Jamie Nicholl
February 14th 06, 08:51 PM
Can anyone help?

I am running FS 2004 on an XP Pc that has Dual NVIDIA 6800 XT 256Mb in SLI
configuration and a Duel Core AMD 4200 processor but after around half an
hour the system starts getting jerky and eventually crashes. Can anyone help
on how toset up so this does not happen.

Cheers

Jamie

Tjark Nikolai
February 15th 06, 07:16 AM
Hi Jamie,

Jamie Nicholl schrieb:
> I am running FS 2004 on an XP Pc that has Dual NVIDIA 6800 XT 256Mb in SLI
> configuration and a Duel Core AMD 4200 processor but after around half an
> hour the system starts getting jerky and eventually crashes. Can anyone help
> on how toset up so this does not happen.

Just speculating... Could your system be overheating? Might be either of
the GPUs or the CPU or the RAM... First thing I would recommend is
checking the temperatures and posting them. If they are too high, you
need to increase the airflow in your housing.

Tjark

Jamie Nicholl
February 16th 06, 09:57 PM
Tjark

Thanks will try looking at that and let you know how things turn out

Jamie

"Tjark Nikolai" > wrote in message
> Hi Jamie,
>
> Jamie Nicholl schrieb:
>> I am running FS 2004 on an XP Pc that has Dual NVIDIA 6800 XT 256Mb in
>> SLI configuration and a Duel Core AMD 4200 processor but after around
>> half an hour the system starts getting jerky and eventually crashes. Can
>> anyone help on how toset up so this does not happen.
>
> Just speculating... Could your system be overheating? Might be either of
> the GPUs or the CPU or the RAM... First thing I would recommend is
> checking the temperatures and posting them. If they are too high, you need
> to increase the airflow in your housing.
>
> Tjark

Google